Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison
Jan 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #256 of 373
Perhaps if MLE / Tyll at Innerfidelity hadn't ever mentioned this in their reviews we would never have cared one way or another. The fact that it's a detachable cable, and can thus be easily measured maybe flagged it up for scrutiny. I wonder how many built in cables have a high resistance and nobody ever measures them - I'm sure the engineers who designed them did.

If it sounds good to you then it works for you. I'll most certainly A/B them in the coming weeks, but I may find little, if any difference.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #258 of 373
As for the cable. I first plugged it in with the stock one and thought "man these guys are crazy. This cable is fine".   After that I switched to the media bridge cable I ordered..... Night and day difference.  The volume and punchiness of the sound was immediately noticeable. It's not to say that the stock cable sounds bad per se, but the media bridge is better.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #259 of 373
As for the cable. I first plugged it in with the stock one and thought "man these guys are crazy. This cable is fine".   After that I switched to the media bridge cable I ordered..... Night and day difference.

People overuse the phrase "night and day difference" here to describe things that are often pretty subtle. 
The phrase has become hyperbole and cliche IMO.

A "Night and day difference" would be like the Parts Express Mini headphones Vs. the SR-009.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #260 of 373
  Perhaps if MLE / Tyll at Innerfidelity hadn't ever mentioned this in their reviews we would never have cared one way or another. The fact that it's a detachable cable, and can thus be easily measured maybe flagged it up for scrutiny. I wonder how many built in cables have a high resistance and nobody ever measures them - I'm sure the engineers who designed them did.

I agree. 

I think if the X1's cable wasn't removable, people could have cared less about it.  But because it is removable, and because some people happened to measure it and found the resistance slightly higher than normal, suddenly everyone started obsessing over it.

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #261 of 373

People overuse the phrase "night and day difference" here to describe things that are often pretty subtle. 
The phrase has become hyperbole and cliche IMO.

A "Night and day difference" would be like the Parts Express Mini headphones Vs. the SR-009.

Completely agree (couldn't be bothered commenting on that originally but wanted to express my strong support of this!)

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #262 of 373
Jeez. Tough crowd. It was a poor word choice I guess. I'm new here. Didn't realize it was such a such a negative phrase.

Let me fix that for ya.

There's a noticeable difference between the two.

Besides. I made it a point to say the stock cable didn't sound bad.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #263 of 373
The cable's gotta GO!!! It's like rain or shine gingo's!

This from an about to be new owner of these suckers (Goodbye 240 MKII's). BTW, now that I have these on the way, and a SB X-fi HD in my PC...should I bother with an amp like an 02 or similar, or wait an see.

Cheer 

Wayne
Kiwi - That explains it.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #264 of 373
Jan 9, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #265 of 373
  This from an about to be new owner of these suckers (Goodbye 240 MKII's). BTW, now that I have these on the way, and a SB X-fi HD in my PC...should I bother with an amp like an 02 or similar, or wait an see.

I would probably wait and see first, unless you need an external amp anyways.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #266 of 373
Jan 10, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #268 of 373
Jeez. Tough crowd. It was a poor word choice I guess. I'm new here. Didn't realize it was such a such a negative phrase.

Let me fix that for ya.

There's a noticeable difference between the two.

Besides. I made it a point to say the stock cable didn't sound bad.

Ok, difference is noticeable, and i can confirm (i just got X1);

but from left pad and right pad there is another cable, always stocked by Philips (high impedence?), so can i listen difference about sound between left and right side?
sometimes seems to me to feel this difference: am i crazy?

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #270 of 373
You're right: I'm not crazy, I'm going crazy 
smile.gif

I have to buy sennheiser 650 with its double input cable,so do not think about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back