Philips Fidelio L2
Jul 9, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #1,096 of 1,146
I would like a set of stock pads! They are perfect on my Sony MDR7506, but I can't find a set anywhere.
The worst side of this it's that's quite impossible to find them new.. weird Philips policy

Actually, just go to Amazon or eBay. eBay has stock-like pads (very similar) made just for these sold from China for about $10. Amazon has them domestically for just $6. I got a pair, free shipping from Prime. That's just to have as a backup, I do not need to replace any L2 earpads at this time (though I want to be ready, should that happen in the future. I had tried out other pads of varying styles similar to the Brainwavz and found that each had a unique sound that was not quite as good as the stock pads for my taste. The way they'd got a semi-open to have fantastic low bass extension, yet not be boomy (due to venting of being semi-open most likely), with great honest mids.

Comfort is the only issue. They should make an L3, that is updated having a similar design, but maybe lighter weight metal (though they're still not too heavy) and the same driver and general ear pad designs, just with a bit larger openings. I experimented recently putting some 3" Carabiner D shaped clips I got from Amazon in there. Yes they occasionally touch my ear, but they stretch the pad out a bit, to fit my above average length ears. They don't stick out, they're just proportional with my being 6'5". I'd also ask them to include just one click more to the extension on each side (two clicks, even better), since my head barely fits currently. With all that done these would be my all time favorites sonically. A slightly larger pad opening actually opens the sound a bit without loss of bass. These have so much potential.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #1,097 of 1,146
Actually, just go to Amazon or eBay. eBay has stock-like pads (very similar) made just for these sold from China for about $10. Amazon has them domestically for just $6. I got a pair, free shipping from Prime. That's just to have as a backup, I do not need to replace any L2 earpads at this time (though I want to be ready, should that happen in the future. I had tried out other pads of varying styles similar to the Brainwavz and found that each had a unique sound that was not quite as good as the stock pads for my taste. The way they'd got a semi-open to have fantastic low bass extension, yet not be boomy (due to venting of being semi-open most likely), with great honest mids. Comfort is the only issue. They should make an L3, that is updated having a similar design, but maybe lighter weight metal (though they're still not too heavy) and the same driver and general ear pad designs, just with a bit larger openings. I experimented recently putting 3" Carabiner D shaped clips I got from Amazon in there. Yes, they occasionally touch my ears, but they stretch the pad out a bit, to fit my above average length ears. They don't stick out, they're just proportional with my being 6'5". I'd also ask them to include just one click more to the extension on each side (two clicks, even better), since my head barely fits currently. With all that done these would be my all time favorites sonically. A slightly larger pad opening actually opens the sound a bit without loss of bass. These have so much potential.
Yeah, these headphones definitely have great sound. Since I've upgraded my source since I last had them, they'll be even better,.

If I would've had them, I would change that stock cable to Mogami 2893 wire, so it'll make the lower mids more emphasized and smooth out the edges of the upper mid - highs a bit, while losing no extension.

Honestly, they were more clean sounding than my Sennheiser HD 650 with the gear I had at the time. Yes, the HD 650 had a bit better timbre, but it wasn't as smooth in the upper range as the L2, even though the L2 has more sparkle.

I wonder how clean they'll sound now...

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #1,098 of 1,146
Thank's all that posted tips for the Pads replacements. Here is how my old ones look:
20191117_123548.jpg

And here is the L2 with the new ones from Ebay for 7€:
20191117_123534.jpg

Here is link to the new ones. The are for Fidelio L2 and they match perfect. I think there is no sound difference or they are subtle.
I'm so happy that my L2 is back in the game. :L3000:

Dec 2, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #1,099 of 1,146
Thank's all that posted tips for the Pads replacements. Here is how my old ones look:

And here is the L2 with the new ones from Ebay for 7€:

Here is link to the new ones. The are for Fidelio L2 and they match perfect. I think there is no sound difference or they are subtle.
I'm so happy that my L2 is back in the game. :L3000:
Looks good! Are they similar material to the original and memory foam?
That seller doesn't ship to the US. Need to find a good source from the US. Amazon reviews don't sound as promising as what you have here.

Edit:
This listing on the US ebay has the same pictures but a different seller
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacemen...890960?hash=item2a8e87cd10:g:SCEAAOSwiKlZw2ms

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #1,100 of 1,146
Yes they seem to be very similar to the original ones and they are with foam.
I think the pads that you found from the US seller are the same, you can give them a try.

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #1,102 of 1,146
It pairs very well. Musical, resolving and fun sound. L2 is more resolving than my soon-to-be-sold HD650s, I hear things I didn't with HD650.

They scale greatly. They sounded great straight from my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and iPad Air but from Hugo, the increase in sound quality is unbeliveable. Lesser headphones (such as my Onkyo ES-HF300 which I'm going to sell) don't sound that different with Hugo compared to listening from mobile phone, but the difference is astounding with Fidelio L2. It's like they become completely different headphones. Tighter and stronger bass, much more treble extension without any hint of harshness, lovely mids. That shows two things:

1) How amazing Hugo is compared to regular dacs.
2) That Fidelio L2 is indeed among the finest dynamic headphones in recent years. Clearly much better than HD 6XX line. This makes me even more impatient for Fidelio X2.
Yeah the L2 are crazy good and underlooked.

I read a lot about the X2's treble being sibilant or grainy, the L2 is far from that :wink:

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #1,103 of 1,146
I received my replacement pads. They look identical to the pictures on my listing and what @Jakkal posted above. They seem well made, and in the absence of any other better alternatives, they are will suffice.

I haven't removed the pads from my L1 yet. I just finished using a toothpick and super glue to fix the stock pads. I used the toothpick to take a fraction of a drop of super glue and just wet the seam where the original seal failed. I then squeezed together. I worked my way around the earcup. Both sides had a seam that failed, and it seems it's one of those things that accelerates since each bit of seam that fails, causes the foam to exert more pressure, causing more of the seam to fail. Luckily, neither of my earpads had failed completely, so there was a starting point for me to work from. As of now, the seal dried a bit hard, but I don't notice that when I'm wearing them. We'll see how well it holds up, I don't expect much. Just one last gasp for my L1s stock pads.

The L1 were my first pair of good headphones, sad to see them go like this. I also have a pair of M1 that also had the seam fail in the exact same way. Seems Philips has/had some quality issues. I've got an 1x L1, 2x L2, 1x M1, 3x M1MKII, 1x X2HR (I have a bit of a problem). I wonder how many of the pads will fail. It's a real shame Philips doesn't sell stock replacement pads. They make a big deal of the X2 pads being replaceable, but they don't sell replacements.

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #1,104 of 1,146
Can anyone suggest me a cable without microphone for Fidelio L2?
Stock cable is damaged

Feb 23, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #1,106 of 1,146
Feb 24, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #1,107 of 1,146
Thank you guys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back