Philips Fidelio L2
Jun 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #856 of 1,146
Thanks everybody for your notes. I pulled the trigger and purchased the L2. Momentum was fine in the bass category, I just do like the way the mids sound as far as vocals go. It's just boring to my ears. The L2 can be a tad bright, but I enjoy the overall signature. Really only notice the brightness with hip hop, but I didn't buy them for that genre anyway. Loving them on vocal, instrumental music. Happy with my decision. M100, Fidelio L2 on the go. AKG Q701 with Cayin C5 at home.

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #857 of 1,146
hey all, my preferred portables are Audiotechnica ESW9 and Senns Momentum. I got seriously disappointed with B&W P5. Can someone please reassure me that I wont suffer with L2 same that I did with P5:)!
cheers

Jul 2, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #858 of 1,146
How is the L2 with movies? I'm thinking about this one or the Sennheiser HD598. I want a good soundstage, but also a bit of oomph without being overwhelming. Anyone who tried these for movies?

Jul 2, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #859 of 1,146
The L2 is a pretty good choice for Films etc, but better still is the HD650 and the Philips X2  ... always nice to have a full impactful bass and bigger soundstage for films.... but yes the L2 is Good too :)

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #860 of 1,146
Hey All,

Just in case it has not been covered here:

Wherever I went and whomever I asked - I was told the pads (Fidelio L2BO/27) are not removable.

I gave it a go today. It's easy. You can just peel them off. Getting them back on isn't all that hard either. 

I replaced the stock pads with pads from Brainwavz. I tried both the pleather and the velour. No issue whatsoever. The Brainwavz have a bit more room than the stock pads. My ears are much happier now.

Hope this helps someone....

Cheers.

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #862 of 1,146
Hey All,

Just in case it has not been covered here:

Wherever I went and whomever I asked - I was told the pads (Fidelio L2BO/27) are not removable.

I gave it a go today. It's easy. You can just peel them off. Getting them back on isn't all that hard either. 

I replaced the stock pads with pads from Brainwavz. I tried both the pleather and the velour. No issue whatsoever. The Brainwavz have a bit more room than the stock pads. My ears are much happier now.

Hope this helps someone....

Cheers.
. Can you please take some pictures for us :grin: ok if this is the case I may just pull the trigger

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #863 of 1,146
I am so glad someone posted the L1 without the ear pad and someone suggesting the HM5 replacement ear pads fitting the L2. With my knowledge of adding HM5 ear pads to my ATH-W1000X, I found out how to finally take off the ear pads of my L1 and even rotate the inner foam to fit my ear. Here is my picture of the ear pad off of the ear cup of my L1:

There are five parts of the ear pad, and only the inner foam is seperate from the ear pad itself: the outer pleather material, the inner pleather material, fabric between ear and driver, the hard plastic lining (shining lining in the back) and the inner foam (yellow foam). To attempt taking the ear pads off, you need fingernails 1/16"-to-1/8" long and no longer to put the outer pleather back under the very-tight-fitting vent edge cover. No fingernails, no attempt.

Just slightly pinch the outer pleather material and very slightly tug it away from the vent edge cover until you see the edge of the outer pleather material. Repeat this all around the vent edge cover until all of the edges of the outer pleather are clearly shown to you, with the area around the cables and headband being toughest to see. When you see the edges all around the ear pad, you will probably never see the outer pleather as tight fitting as stock ever again. Also, seeing the edges all around are important to prevent snagging, which is something I did on one L1 ear pad and one HM5 ear pad. It was not really bad...just a preference as these stock ear pads are not for sale.

When you get to the picture, remember that the outer pleather goes over the hard plastic lining first, then also goes over the foam. If you choose to rotate the foam, turn the foam 45 degrees in the opposite direction of the side of that ear cup (45 degrees to the right for the left side OR 45 degrees to the left for the right side). The bottom of the foam will now point in the direction of where your ear lobe will go and give more room for your entire ear.

Whether you turned the foam or not, placing the outer pleather back will be the toughest part. Put the outer pleather lining over the entire ear cup until the entire lining is over the entire ear cup and facing you. Align the hard plastic lining with the ear cup as much as possible, then take one part of the outer pleather lining and use your fingernail to tuck it under the very-tight-fitting vent cover. Repeat this until the entire outer pleather lining is under the vent cover. Rotate the inner pleather and the hard plastic lining to the ear cup until the ear pad fits the ear cup.

If it does not, take off the entire outer pleather lining from the vent cover and re-rotate or take off the entire ear pad from the ear cup and see what you need to do to restore the ear pad back to its original shape. If the ear pad does fit the ear cup, keep tucking in the outer pleather with your fingernail all around the vent cover further once or twice.

The above methods should also work with HM5 ear pads.

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #864 of 1,146
What I'd like to know is if it's possible to put some shure 1540 alcantara pads on these. I want to buy the L2 but it is important that I can switch pads. These will be used for long gaming sessions and pleather is a no no for me when so.

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #866 of 1,146

Sorry if this has been posted before, but this was on the deals thread as well.

Philips Fidelio Headphones with Mic L2BO/27 for $119, in case anyone is interested.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/philips-fidelio-high-fidelity-headphones-with-mic 

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #867 of 1,146
I've recently heard the Fidelio M1MKII and they have a very similar sound signature to the L2. Amazon currently has all three colors at a very good deal at ~$70-80. My Dad got a pair, and after listening, I got a pair in white.

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #868 of 1,146
Can someone help me out please, if anyone has the HTC 10 & Audio Technica Msr7, what do you think would be the smart move, to keep the Msr7 or to sell them and get the Fidelio L2? Been asking questions around but really no one has been able to properly comparre the two which for I think would be a great comparison. Both are around the same price, people say both have good amounts of detail a clarity, both scale well with a bit more juice & a better source. But out of the two, which is truly the better buy? Just on sound quality alone, i'd be using my HTC 10 with the hippo cri cri or the Cayin C5. So out of the L2 & Msr7 which do you think would sound better from this combo?

Aug 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #869 of 1,146
Are these the same size as (let's say) the Urbanite XL or M50? I ask because I am searching for alternate pads just in case I buy the L2. Thanks.

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #870 of 1,146
Cross post from the deals thread:

After the Massdrop drop, it looks like both Newegg and Amazon dropped the L2 to $129

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138309

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WTQDV5E/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back