Philips Fidelio L2
Feb 19, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #286 of 1,146
Before the X1 became popular you could get them for around £120  using codes and cashback so I don't think this is extraordinary.  The market is getting a lot more competitive now with new players like Focal, Onkyo, Yamaha joining in. So perhaps lower prices would be more profitable in the long run.

Feb 22, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #288 of 1,146
These are just...outstanding.

Solid sound all accross the spectrum. You need punchy bass ? no worries, it will provide it, with quality sub bass, and tight upper bass when call for it. And if you feel you'd need more bass, EQ them, they will respond well to it.

You need to fall in love with accoustic music and voices ? the same, voices are so clear, just in line with the rest. In the begining the signature is a bit V shapped, but i got the feeling that burn in will replace the mids upfront a bit.

You like classical music ? Here we have a true winner. My Senheiser HD598 sound dull and flat compare to it with that genre. 

It's not the widest soundstage but you can litterally fall into the music because there's such a depth in them. It's very well layered.

For 200€, it's a bargain.

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #295 of 1,146
To my ears they benefit quite a lot when i compare the sound from my HTC one s, but it's not dramatic.

They have the hability to portray complex music so when the source doesn't have the same autority over the freqency response, it sounds less impressive of course.
Let's say by 30% more or less with a smartphone for example.

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #296 of 1,146
  To my ears they benefit quite a lot when i compare the sound from my HTC one s, but it's not dramatic.

They have the hability to portray complex music so when the source doesn't have the same autority over the freqency response, it sounds less impressive of course.
Let's say by 30% more or less with a smartphone for example.

The sound out of the HTC One / iPhone 5 is lacking , big time. There is a fair amount of improvement listening to them from an iPhone 5S/iPad Mini Retina and a Macbook Air. The bass goes deeper, and it does not need to go nearly as loud to get micro details nicely audible. Things that get lost in the background and get muddy with the iPhone 5 clear up and are much more refined on the newer devices. There is also more energy and speed in the music. This goes to a lesser degree for my SD2 as well. Not sure what is the cause but I am assuming insufficient power or even maybe low quality DACs but I think the first as if you push the volume high enough things get a bit better on the iPhone 5.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #299 of 1,146
http://en.goldenears.net/30375
The measurement looks good!

The headphones themselves would look good in pictures on sites on this end of the planet THAT HAVE THEM AND ARE ACTUALLY SELLING THEM!!!!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back