Philips Fidelio L1 (upcoming headphone)
Nov 5, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #48 of 246
oh those look really nice, hope philips won't come up with some ridiculous price

kinda interested in these lower end models too, they look a little bit like refreshed shp5400 which I love

SHP6000

SHP8000

anyone had a chance to try these?

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #49 of 246
Incidentally, the only site I can see stocking them as we speak is French, and with the Philips engineers coming from France, any possibility the L1's are made in France? :wink:

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #50 of 246
€250 VAT included, could be worse I suppose

any Paris boarders willing to go check them out in store?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #51 of 246
The impedance/sensitivity and iPhone control have me intrigued... especially since it's a semi-open can.

I didn't view the videos.  Maybe tomorrow I will.

Could be exciting.  I'm a total sloot for decent headphones with iPhone control (at a good price).

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #52 of 246

Quote:
oh those look really nice, hope philips won't come up with some ridiculous price

kinda interested in these lower end models too, they look a little bit like refreshed shp5400 which I love

SHP6000

SHP8000

anyone had a chance to try these?

They're only being shown in UK sites. I hope they bring it here. I'll ask.

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #54 of 246
found a pict of someone wearing them

philips-fidelio-lklassnie-naushniki-dlya-iphone-za-evro-2.jpg

dont look bad at all, 
philips-fidelio-lklassnie-naushniki-dlya-iphone-za-evro-1.jpg

is that a very short cable + extension in the left cup?, kinda like the superlux HD6668, but larger, the superlux's is like 1 inch. larger looks weird, since you have to use an extension anyway.
auricular-superlux-hd668-negro.jpg

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #55 of 246
The extention, I would guess, is where the ipod controls plug in. like a small tube for the volume control & mic that would plug in between the two jacks.

God those look so nice.

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #57 of 246

Quote:
Incidentally, the only site I can see stocking them as we speak is French, and with the Philips engineers coming from France, any possibility the L1's are made in France? :wink:

Nope, the sound research department is located in Leuven, Belgium. The design department somewhere else, Eindhoven or Amsterdam  I guess.
And not all the engineers are french, more like 50%.
Production is most likely located in China.

Nov 6, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #58 of 246

Quote:
Oh great, another headphone made for iPods -.-

It could have been an afterthought; the cable seems to be similar to other Philips headphones, and are probably interchanged within the different ranges, which doesn't speak too well about the cable quality, but overlooking something because they put an iPod control in it is silly especially since they have replaceable cables if the dongle isn't your thing. I would have preferred a jack instead of a plug though.

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #60 of 246

Quote:
Nope, the sound research department is located in Leuven, Belgium. The design department somewhere else, Eindhoven or Amsterdam  I guess.
And not all the engineers are french, more like 50%.
Production is most likely located in China.

i was clutching at straws, i know.

Philips do have an extensive presence in France, mind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back