Philadelpia,New Jersey and Deleware January 28 2012 Mini Meet
Jan 13, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #91 of 115
We are 14 days from the mini meet and a full house. please let me know if you cannot make it no later than 1/21 as 9 will need to order the food and figure out our setup. The meet will start on 1/28 at 10AM and I am looking forward to seeing everyone there. if for some reason you cant make it just shoot me a Pm. Hopefully the mild winter keeps us blessed.

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #92 of 115
Sadly, my myster manufacturer said his new products will not be ready to release in time for the meet.  :frowning2:  I will have an RWA Corvina, RWA Isabellina, Schiit Bifrost/Lyr & Audio-GD NFB-10SE to contribute tho...save me some table space!

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #93 of 115

Quote:
Sadly, my myster manufacturer said his new products will not be ready to release in time for the meet.  :frowning2:  I will have an RWA Corvina, RWA Isabellina, Schiit Bifrost/Lyr & Audio-GD NFB-10SE to contribute tho...save me some table space!

It still a major contribution Lee as they are different products. I am waiting on the Norse and Steve Eddy Qcable creations and should have both LCD2 and HE500 and 6 cables here both single ended and balanced. Whats great is we have a wide variety of stuff all major flagships including the mighty Stax 009 and all the LCD models and different Hifiman products including the new amp,HE400,HE6 and HE500

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #94 of 115
Hello, I am new on this forum and very likely too late.
Here it is: I have been working out most of the past year a new HPamp design with input and output transformers and a one tube gain stage. It looks like I will have a presentable version ready by the 28th of January.
I am Herbert and maybe Frank will remember my 6080 OTL amp I send to a meet last spring with Chris Madl who attended.
(I planned to come along, but had a funeral for a close friend that same day)
So if there is room I thought I would like to share the new amp with you. I use a Rotel RCD855 as source most of the time and AKG
K240 600ohm cans. Nothing top class I know, but this new amp does something I wished for a long time, it opened the low end for the AKG which always are a bit lean down there and it offers greatly enhanced clarity and spaciousness. It outclasses last years 6080OTL by a large margin.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #95 of 115

Quote:
Baka 1969 and Frank I will hold their 2nd annual mini meet on January 28th at my home again. I can handle 20 headfliers and last year was a success. I have invited Fang and Skylab again to my meet this year. Their will be some  great gear again and all the flagships including the LCD3 and HE500 and HD800 and T1 will be represented. Both Ross and I are looking forward to this meet again. Please shoot a PM if you will be attending. The meet is in Sewell NJ 08080. The area is 15 miles from South Philly and 30 miles from Deleware and less than 2 hours from the tip of NJ. All NY and North Jersey people as well as PA,Deleware and Maryland friends. Leesure has arranged with Kingwa a NB 10.1 for our meet. Exciting new product from Audio GD. Fang has promised more goodies for our meet. Steve Eddy has graciously offered to send his Qcables designed for the LCD and HiFiman headphones.

Start time 10am-4PM or later Please bring power strips and mark your gear. My address is 12 jonathan drive Sewell,NJ 08080 PM if you want my cell number.

Frank I                      T1,D7000,HE500,Decware and Pioneer amps, Marantz SA8004
Baka1969                 HD800.B22.Cary Exciter
A1Joe507                T1,Woo WA5
LeeSure                   LCD2 R1, Red Wine balanced Isaballina,Schiit Bit Frost.Audio GD NB10.1
DMinches                 LCD3,Leben, Logic Squeeze,Van Alstine DAC,JVC HA1000
Tetrisol                     Bitfrost,HD650
Bbradley                    D2000.HD600,Asgard,Dac Magic,Little Dot MK111,Nuforce U2
Sphinxvc                   Antelope Zodiac,Cavalli Compact tube amp,HD650
Brasewel                   LCD2,Balanced havana,Music reference tube amp
Gbamboo                  He800,HD650, Burson HD
Deadears                  LCD2,Mapletree Modded amp,Modright transporter,Touch
Lofty                          LCD3 balanced,Apache
Woo Audio                 Jack said he will try to make it but will send something if he cannot make it
B-Dawk20                  Maverick D1,AT AD700.M50
Mike                            friend of B-Dawk20
Zheng                        Woo 6SE,LCD2
Blankdisc                    HiFiman products including the EF6 anf HE6 on behalf of Head direct
TMoney                      Stax SR-009,KGSSHV amp,Buffallo 111 dac
Saisunil                       Eximus DP1 DAC/amp HE500 or LCD2
Rawster                      Yulong D100 dac,PPAV@amp,HE300

THE MINI MEET IS AT MAXIMUM CAPACITY. I CAN ONLY TAKE ANYMORE AND PUT ON A CANCELLATION LIST IF ANYONE CANCELS THEN THEY WILL BE ADDED. THANKS FOR THE GREAT RESPONSE.

JoeyRusso a possibility if schedule is free

Looking forward to hear “impressions,” but it would have been great to allow some comparison of the KGSSHV (TMoney) with a BHSE! Is there still any chance that that could be done?

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #96 of 115

Quote:
Looking forward to hear “impressions,” but it would have been great to allow some comparison of the KGSSHV (TMoney) with a BHSE! Is there still any chance that that could be done?

That will happen eventually, just not at this meet. Probably in the next month or so.

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #98 of 115

Quote:

That's unfortunate Lee. Give me a buzz when you do get it
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #100 of 115

Quote:
Hello, I am new on this forum and very likely too late.
Here it is: I have been working out most of the past year a new HPamp design with input and output transformers and a one tube gain stage. It looks like I will have a presentable version ready by the 28th of January.
I am Herbert and maybe Frank will remember my 6080 OTL amp I send to a meet last spring with Chris Madl who attended.
(I planned to come along, but had a funeral for a close friend that same day)
So if there is room I thought I would like to share the new amp with you. I use a Rotel RCD855 as source most of the time and AKG
K240 600ohm cans. Nothing top class I know, but this new amp does something I wished for a long time, it opened the low end for the AKG which always are a bit lean down there and it offers greatly enhanced clarity and spaciousness. It outclasses last years 6080OTL by a large margin.

Hi Herbert,
Yes I remember the previous generation amp, which I thought showed a great deal of promise.  I'm looking forward to hearing your new amp someday!

Frank

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #101 of 115
Sorry to hear about the issues that have come up. Good luck and godspeed.

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #103 of 115
I first want to offer my thoughts and hopes for Frank's wife's sister and her family during this tragedy. Family always comes first. I can only wish for the best possible outcome. Thank you everyone for your enthusiasm for the meet and all your understanding for having to cancel. Frank, please send Paula and everyone my love.

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #104 of 115
Thanks for the notice Frank and good luck with everything. My condolences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back