Philadelpia,New Jersey and Deleware January 28 2012 Mini Meet
Dec 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #78 of 115
I really, REALLY want to be at this meet... But it's 280 miles away from western Mass... The gas alone would cost more than the shipping on an NFB-10SE.. Which I'm sure I could turn around for the difference locally if I don't like it.. Maybe if someone in my general area wants to car pool?

Dead Ears looks like the closest so far somehwere in CT. If you're interested in meeting up for the drive (still the majority of the drive for me) shoot me a PM! Even then it will depend heavily on getting Saturday off wherever I'm working and maybe more heavily on my GF letting me go.. I probably won't make it.

If I do make it, I'd probably bring my desktop computer, Hafler TA1100 and HE-5LE, plus maybe some other stuff. I really want to try other amps and see how the $150 used TA1100 stacks up. It's certainly not bad as it is... And try other DACs vs. my sound card.

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #79 of 115
I know Howard (Lofty) is coming from Saddle River, North NJ and Frank (DeadEars) is coming from CT. May want to PM them. 280 miles is a quite a drive though to attend a meet 
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #80 of 115

Quote:
I know Howard (Lofty) is coming from Saddle River, North NJ and Frank (DeadEars) is coming from CT. May want to PM them. 280 miles is a quite a drive though to attend a meet 
biggrin.gif

frank is staying over his dads in medford so he not returning and saddle River is about 90 minutes from me so i would think he would still need to drive 5-6 hrs to saddle River.

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #85 of 115
I'm going to be bringing my Yulong D100 dac, PPAv2 amp and HE-300 headphones.

The HE500 seems to be represented so might as well bring the HE300 which no one is bringing and I've been using it quite often lately. It also makes for a good budget rig :)

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #86 of 115
I have closed the meet as we are at maximum capacity. However please post if you still want to attend and if there are any cancellations we would be happy to add you to the mini meet. I want to thank everyone and look forward to the meet. If there are any changes please let me know and thanks to all.

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #87 of 115
Since I'll be carrying my gear to my ride and I don't want to carry too much I've changed my headphone from the Hifiman HE300 to my modified T50RP aka Rastapants 2 since I offered to loan it to another member here but has decided to just compare it at the meet.

So my gear will be my Yulong D100 dac, PPAv2 amp with treads power supply and my modified Fostex T50RP headphones. 

also not a big deal but my username is spelled incorrectly in the first post but I'm used to it by now :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #88 of 115

Quote:
Since I'll be carrying my gear to my ride and I don't want to carry too much I've changed my headphone from the Hifiman HE300 to my modified T50RP aka Rastapants 2 since I offered to loan it to another member here but has decided to just compare it at the meet.

So my gear will be my Yulong D100 dac, PPAv2 amp with treads power supply and my modified Fostex T50RP headphones. 

also not a big deal but my username is spelled incorrectly in the first post but I'm used to it by now :)

I also will have the Koda2 here for members to compare

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #89 of 115
We are getting closer to the meet and I am excited. TMoney has confirmed so the mighty Stax setup will be here and i am very thankful to everyone and Adam for bringing the Stax setup down as I know many are interested to hear this stat.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #90 of 115
Yup, thanks a lot TMoney!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back