Philadelphia/SE Pennsylvania Meet?
Sep 11, 2005 at 9:24 PM Post #46 of 95
OK, this is going to possibly date me but what is consider "techno." NIN?
Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor
My friend is thinking of coming, but he knows very little about headphones (but more about hardcore techno than anyone else I know). He gets awkward in conversations when he has to ask tons of questions. Are any of you guys into hardcore techno or any techno for that matter? He would probably come if he knew there was someone he could discuss techno with.

Sep 11, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #47 of 95
I'm not sure of specific bands, but anything that is 100% synthesized except for vocals is probably techno. Dance, house, trance, electronica, hardcore, ambient, I think it all falls under the blanket category of "techno".

Sep 11, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #48 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor
I'm not sure of specific bands, but anything that is 100% synthesized except for vocals is probably techno. Dance, house, trance, electronica, hardcore, ambient, I think it all falls under the blanket category of "techno".

Thanks for the clarification.

SO Philly FOLKS CAN ANYONE HELP OUR TECHNO MAN?
basshead.gif

Sep 12, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #49 of 95
I'm thinking about heading up for this. This would be my first meet, and first real 'hands-on' with any Hi-fi headphone setups. The equipment list looks very nice, indeed. So nice that I'll probably bring an extra pair of pants
eggosmile.gif

I have a CMOY I built that I could bring. It has noticable line noise when 'idleing', which I can try to clean up before I head up there.

Also, I like the techno, but I'm more of a Trance, Ambient, IDM, Dub fan than the 'hardcore' stuff. Still, I could probably find some common ground with Taylor's friend to yammer about.

Other equip that's probably already covered that I can bring:

ATH A-500
Senn PX 100 and 200
iPod Nano
CMOY - above
DT 770-80's should be in my possesion by then, If I have time I may get to recable them.

Sep 13, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #50 of 95
I would like to attend, it's time for a set of fullsize cans, and I see a few of the contenders on the equipment list.
I can bring my portable set-up (ipod, sr-71, e-5, sensa's[for show]). I've ordered the Eastsound E5 CDP, which I might be inclined to bring, as long as it's heft is manageable!
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #51 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkisz
Other equip that's probably already covered that I can bring:
ATH A-500
Senn PX 100 and 200
iPod Nano
CMOY - above
DT 770-80's should be in my possesion by then, If I have time I may get to recable them.

I think you will be the only person bringing the NANO, which would be really cool.

Sep 13, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #52 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdon
I think you will be the only person bringing the NANO, which would be really cool.

I think that my dad is coming with me, so that means that there will be 2 nano's coming (his is white 4gb).

Sep 14, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #53 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
I've ordered the Eastsound E5 CDP, which I might be inclined to bring, as long as it's heft is manageable!
wink.gif

Yes, please bring! I personally would love to hear it.

Sep 15, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #55 of 95
Yes, I'll be happy to bring the E5, however I only have the SR-71 to run it through. Also, no interconnects (other than el cheapo rca/mini), or adapters- so I will need help for comparisons.

Sep 17, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #56 of 95
I'm going to try to make it up. If I can, I'll bring a few interesting headphones and amps.

Sep 19, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #57 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
I'm going to try to make it up. If I can, I'll bring a few interesting headphones and amps.

From what I see, you have a wonderful collection! Hope you can make it!

Sep 19, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #58 of 95
Guys-

Hirsch is the man! He is totally awesome.... I really hope you can make it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back