Philadelphia, SE PA,, NJ, DE area meet Sunday Sept 9th
Sep 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #61 of 82
Looks like we'll have an intimate but fun crew. Lets start at 11am...a little later than usual but people are traveling. I'll be there by 10:30 to get the coffee brewing and turn on the lights.

The NFL will be on the 100" TV (eith sound turned off) and there's lots of room to stretch out.

I'll order lunch when everyone is there.

Beer contributions are always welcome!

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #62 of 82
Quote:
I texted Baka1969 last night...he said he will drop by too.

He sold all his gear for a motorcycle, so when he comes, he'll show us life after head-fi (lol).

Lol...I'm already living that life. It's a lot more fun 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #63 of 82
Just heard from Rawrster that he will make it as well.  He'll be driving down with me...bringing his AD2K, V200, Anedio D2, and maybe a pair of HD800s (but I think we have enough 800s between me & Ari).

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #64 of 82
Just heard from Rawrster that he will make it as well.  He'll be driving down with me...bringing his AD2K, V200, Anedio D2, and maybe a pair of HD800s (but I think we have enough 800s between me & Ari).

Oooooh...sounds good. I'm very curious to hear the V200

FYI, I'll have the RWA Balanced Isabellina DAC/Amp
The Schiit Lyr/Bifrost combo
and maybe the NFB-10SE and The Ari-built Bottlehead SEX.
LCD-2's and HE-4's

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #67 of 82
I must have missed this thread earlier when I was looking for it when sphinxvc told me about this mini meet. I'm in as well.

I will bring the AD2k, Anedio D1 as the source (not the D2), the Violectric V200 as the amp and my laptop. I also don't think another HD800 is necessary as it seems to be well covered and sure helps packing light :)

Lastly if anyone is interested I have this spare wooden headphone stand if sphinxvc isn't interested that I'll bring with me and you can take it after the meet as I'll use it during the meet to hold my headphone.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #68 of 82
I'm going to try and make it as well. I think my wifey has some grandiose plans for me to go shopping with her... we'll see about that. :p

If I can make it I'll be bringing a few recently finished DIY projects -- an SE-SE Wire and a prototype PupDAC. And possibly a Cavalli CTH. I'd also most likely bring v4 Magnums and LCD-2 Rev2s.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #69 of 82
Thanks for still doing it.

I'll be there and will have my ultrasone pro900 udac2 + e17

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #71 of 82
It turns out the rain is killing my plans for making it and not the wife. Had to swap my Saturday plans for Sunday and they unfortunately trump the meet. Everyone have fun and I'll hopefully see some of you at the NYC area meet this fall.

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #72 of 82
Count me in!  I am going to drive with Ari.  I have a lot of beer left over from a Labor Day picnic, not skunked as far as I can tell, so I will bring it all. If a bottle is bad when opened, toss it.

Not sure what I'll bring gear wise... modded Grado PS1000s to finally tame the highs?  These are balanced with dual XLRs, but I think I have an adaptor for the kind of 4-pin balanced jack Vinnie uses on the RWA balanced amps that leesure is bringing.  Somewhere.

I see HD800s and AD2K's ... so no need for those.  I'd love to bring Spritzer's Lundahl box for Staxen but it's still broken ... Kerry is sitting on his thumbs and not fixing it!  Can you imagine -- I pay him $0.00/hour for repairs and he makes me wait.  Maybe I have to double the rate I pay.  I pay Ari half that rate and he fixes stuff right away!

Hey, if I find the dual-XLR to 4-pin adapter than I'll bring vcoheda's balanced HD800 cable that I just bought from him ... still in the box ... then we can take someone's HD800 and see if the cable and balancing makes any difference, at least with the RWA amp if that's OK with all the various owners.

I know!  I have a normal (non-Pro) Stax-brand transfo still in the box that I won on eBay.  Bring that with Ari's normal bias gammas (well, they're really mine now but I never paid him for them so I still call them Ari's) and my PS Audio 100 watt amp that's still packed from the NY meet.  And some source or something.

See 'ya all tomorrow.

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #73 of 82
Sphinxvc -- Now I understand why cup size is important on headphones.  Cleary R10's are double-D's.  And I finally figured out why certain headphone are referred to as woodies.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #75 of 82
Hello all - not much of a poster (as you can see by my post count) but I've been lurking for a while. I've already talked to lee about coming; he suggested I post what I can bring. What I can bring:

-Schiit Bifrost (non-USB) and Valhalla (older, non-rollable model)
-Grado SR80i, PS500 and RS1i
-Beyer T1
I also have a cMoy/Altoids tin amp, if anyone is bringing any portable stuff to mess with. I haven't used it in a while (LOD is busted), but I think the battery still has some juice.

All hardware is standard non-modded. At the very least, I'll bring the T1s for sure; I've seen some mention of HD800s being brought. With as much as I've read about them, and seeing how nobody in this area (Baltimore) sells any of Sennheiser's better offerings, I'm definitely looking forward to a chance to try them out without having to plunk down the cash first and hope I don't regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back