Philadelphia, SE PA,, NJ, DE area meet Sunday Sept 9th
Sep 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #77 of 82
Great seeing everyone today...old friends and new!

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #79 of 82
I couldn't stay as long as I wanted but it was great seeing everybody!  I got to here a few different headphones and
finally got to here the HD800s I wish I could have stayed longer! Hopefully we'll have another in due course :)

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #80 of 82
With so many fine photographers in attendance, the impression thread is going to be awesome!

In the meantime, let's thank leesure for being a superb host -- big comfy leather chairs, the Eagles game on a sports-bar-sized mega-screen when you wanted a break from headphones, lots of food and drink.

Great people, great fun, great rigs, great music, great cameras.

The Birds won, the weather was fantastic (Lee turned off the A/C and opened huge windows for the most amazing outdoor-feel you could get inside on a A+++ beautiful day), the Mexican food was super (especially when the take-out place refused to give us plastic silverware, nothing like re-fried beans eaten out of hand while putting on headphones to break-in the cosmetics of an HD800).

I got great tips on digital audio, heard some fine combos [D7000 with Fang's little hybird amp, who knew?], got introduced to terrific music (Lee has a knack for selecting the top tracks from any album) ... we're talking PERFECT Sunday here, and having nikongod to myself to pick his brain for 2 hours each way (as we flew first class in Air Lexus thanks to my wife's recent big score at the used car dealer) is just icing on the cake ... Ari being the only man alive who can drink a diet coke, eat M&M's, text his peeps, and repair a tonearm (well, walk me thru the steps) simultaneously while traveling 65 mph on the Pennsy T"Pike.

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #81 of 82
Impressions Thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626790/philadelphia-area-mini-meet-impressions-thread

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #82 of 82
Pictures are up in the Impressions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back