Philadelphia Meet?
Jan 9, 2004 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

sbulack

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm in Philadelphia, and I've seen some other Philadelphia locations. Do we have enough interest to stage a Phila. get-together.

My Equipment:

Source:
iRiver SlimX-350

Amp(s):
Headsave PPA

Headphone(s):
Grado SR60
Grado SR225

I'd like to hear some other equipment, AND meet some of you head-fi'ers in my neck of the woods.

After we see who is interested and IN, we can arrange for a location. As a fallback, we can use my house (directions later to those interested). Let's say Saturday, February 14 as a tentative target date.

Wha'd'y'say Phila-Fi-ers?

Jan 9, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 13
I'm totally interested in a Philly meet. I have talked with a few other Head-fiers to try and get it together but so far I haven't had the time to actually plan it. I think you should postpone the Philly meet a month or so from your suggested date since Hirsch's meet in Rockville MD is on Feb. 7.

If anyone in the Philly area wants to hitch a ride with me down to Hirsch's place for the Feb 7th meet there is plenty of room in my car. Just let me know and post to the baltimore/DC area meet thread to let Hirsch know you are coming. It's about a 2 hour drive from Philly.

Jan 10, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 13
I like the postponement suggestion, Canman. I'm putting off the tentative Philly meet date to Saturday, March 20, 2004. If most of the folks interested in a Philly meet are going to Hirsch's meet, we can put it off further to April or May. If you're interested, just chime in and make it known when you're interested in having a Philly meet.

Jan 18, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 13
The Philly meet is going to happen. Sbulack and I are planning it for a saturday in March, probably the 20th. Final details to be posted soon. Let us know if you are interested.

Jan 19, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 13
Thanks Canman for alerting me and sbulack for getting the ball rolling. At this stage I have no commitments in March, so any time should work for me.

Jan 21, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by sleepkyng
what will be going on at these meetings?

drunken debauchery...wait no...i mean lots of headphone listening, a chance to test out different equipment, and hanging out with a bunch of people who enjoy music and stereo equipment.

Jan 22, 2004 at 12:10 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

drunken debauchery...

The drinking, and strip clubs come after the meet. Remember?
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 13
Naaaah!! The only thing we Head-Fiers are crazy about is what we hear through our headphones and the equipment we use to hear it. Otherwise, we're really quite civil and hospitable. So, please come and bring your portable rig. I'd love to hear an iPod amped by a Cmoy Mint. I can let you hear my CDP amped by a PPA in return. It'll be fun. I spoke with the Mrs, and she gave me the date of Saturday, March 13, 2004 as the only date on which we could take over the first floor of our house. So, if the meet is going to be at my house, the date has got to be 3/13/04.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back