Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #61 of 147
I'm in if there's still space.

I'll bring..

HE500's (Jergpad mod)
Ether C's 1.1
B&O H7
Xaomi Pistons 2.1

Mojo
Bifrost
Emotiva HPA Mini

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #62 of 147
I'm in if there's still space.

I'll bring..

HE500's (Jergpad mod)
Ether C's 1.1
B&O H7
Xaomi Pistons 2.1

Mojo
Bifrost
Emotiva HPA Mini

See you there!

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #63 of 147
I would like to attend.   This will be my first time to your place; I will probably travel with another member who has already accepted your invitation.   

I would like to bring the following items, all of which will be for sale.

- Arcam DiVA CD92 CD player, as a source for these two amp/phones setups:

- Chazz 2 from DIYHiFiSupply, driving Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 [not the current version];

- Little Dot MK V, driving AKG-702.

I will bring all wire products to hook up all of the above.

Thanks.

Steve

You're in! See you on the 29th.

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #64 of 147
Ok boys and girls, we're about 2 weeks out from what is shaping up to be an amazing meet.

I'm going to cut off set up rigs as of Wednesday, Jan 18th so I can order tables etc. So if you want to bring gear to set up, reserve space by Wednesday the 18th.

No limit on attendees without gear.

I updated the attendee and vendor lists.

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #65 of 147
Wow this sounds amazing and isn't that far from my place.  But I don't think I have anything headphone-related to bring.

I could disconnect and bring
A Schiit UberFrost
A Schiit Mani
An SMS-200 with cheap LPS
A PSAudio LanRover.

Some folding tables if necessary and maybe help with setup?

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #66 of 147
Wow this sounds amazing and isn't that far from my place.  But I don't think I have anything headphone-related to bring.

A Schiit UberFrost
A Schiit Mani
A PSAudio LanRover.

Bring yourself and anything you'd like. We'd love to host you.

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #67 of 147

A Schiit UberFrost
A Schiit Mani
A PSAudio LanRover.

I'd love to try the LAN Rover on my rig.

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #68 of 147
I'd love to try the LAN Rover on my rig.

I agree. Everyone probably owns a product that would be very welcomed. I am always looking for ways to improve my rig, and sometimes the small things can make a nice difference. Budget gear can be a revelation. If you are happy with your gear, please bring it along!

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #70 of 147
Jan 16, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #71 of 147
WooHoo!!  We're up to 30 people attending...plus 5 vendors either attending or sending stuff!  

Looks like good times!

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #72 of 147
  WooHoo!!  We're up to 30 people attending...plus 5 vendors either attending or sending stuff!  

Looks like good times!

This is going to be a pretty impressive meet. Great job getting it all organized!

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #73 of 147
Hey I am about an hour away from where this meet is taking place. I am currently in the market for headphones in the 200-400 dollar price range. I currently have my eye on headphones such as Sennheiser HD650's/600's, Phillips Fidelio X2, Master and Dynamic MH40's, Sennheiser Momentum 2.0's, and possibly some of the lower end ZMF's. This would be my first meet and I'm trying to figure out what to expect. I'm interested in testing out some gear, so I can make a better decision on my purchase. Is it commonplace for people that bring gear to allow people to listen to their own tracks from their phone? I've watched Z Reviews' video of last years meet and I was wondering how approachable everybody is with their gear because I would not be bringing any gear and will only be going to demo what other people bring. I'm wondering if that will be an issue. I'm 17 and this is my first meet, so I'm wondering if it would be worth it for me to take the trip out there. If anyone who was at last year's meet, or any other Head-Fi meet, could chime in and give me an idea of what to expect, that would be great. Thanks.

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #74 of 147
  Hey I am about an hour away from where this meet is taking place. I am currently in the market for headphones in the 200-400 dollar price range. I currently have my eye on headphones such as Sennheiser HD650's/600's, Phillips Fidelio X2, Master and Dynamic MH40's, Sennheiser Momentum 2.0's, and possibly some of the lower end ZMF's. This would be my first meet and I'm trying to figure out what to expect. I'm interested in testing out some gear, so I can make a better decision on my purchase. Is it commonplace for people that bring gear to allow people to listen to their own tracks from their phone? I've watched Z Reviews' video of last years meet and I was wondering how approachable everybody is with their gear because I would not be bringing any gear and will only be going to demo what other people bring. I'm wondering if that will be an issue. I'm 17 and this is my first meet, so I'm wondering if it would be worth it for me to take the trip out there. If anyone who was at last year's meet, or any other Head-Fi meet, could chime in and give me an idea of what to expect, that would be great. Thanks.

People are generally very open to letting everyone try their gear and help with your listening experience in anyway they can, provided the gear is treated with respect.  In your case, I'm sure anyone who has a rig capable of playing something from the output jacks on your phone would be willing to give it a whirl.  A lot of people tend to have laptops as sources; some advice would be to bring a USB stick with some of your favorite songs.

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #75 of 147

Hi and welcome!! 

The first rule I'd observe is ask before doing something. Generally unplugging a headphone from a set up to try with your phone (you may want to bring a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter) wouldn't bother me.Taking the headphone away from the rig without asking to try in other rigs would. People at meets tend to be really open and welcoming and your reason for going is exactly how I started 12 years ago (wow time and gear flies). 

I would encourage you to check the meet out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back