Philadelphia area meet - January 13, 2007
Nov 28, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #16 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytryder7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone taken on the task of contacting any members of the trade? The folks at Headroom just unveiled a new balanced amp. It would be fun to give that a listen to along with their Millet amp!

I have been meaning to do so, but I haven't had the time. If you would like to extend some invitations, that would be wonderful.

Nov 29, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #17 of 87
Hello peoples,
Its SO great having Philadelphia meet so close to where I live. I may not have much, an HD600 w/Clau Blue cable and maybe I can bring my brother's Shellbrook minihead but atleast its something. I have been lurking for a year or 2 posting very little but reading a LOT. It will be great to finally hear some other highend amps and headphones. Nothing beats a live demo. I will have a much better idea what direction I want to go in.
Hopefully see you all on January 13th!

Nov 29, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 87
The Marantz SA-8620 just arrived via UPS, so please update the source list.
On the flip side, please remove the Samsung HD-841 (modded) from the list. That is going out USPS tomorrow.
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #20 of 87
will be coming from east stroudsburg pa abvout 1:50 minutes away closer than boston any way

Dec 1, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #21 of 87
how would I get there from center city philly? (anyone want to give me a ride?
wink.gif
)

I'm not sure yet if I can go, but I'll look into it....

Dec 1, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #22 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how would I get there from center city philly?

Take the R5 Paoli/Thorndale train from Market East, Suburban Station, or 30th Street Station to Paoli.

If you take the train from Suburban Station, there is a 10:45 AM train that arrives in Paoli at 11:30 AM. It usually departs from track 4, section B.
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #23 of 87
Its a 45 minute drive for me, but ill try to make it. Not sure what I might have going on that weekend. If I go I will bring my Sennheiser Orpheus system.

Just kidding, but I can bring a DT880 '06, as well as another E4 and Total Bithead.

Dec 1, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #24 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a 45 minute drive for me, but ill try to make it. Not sure what I might have going on that weekend. If I go I will bring my Sennheiser Orpheus system.

Just kidding, but I can bring a DT880 '06, as well as another E4 and Total Bithead.

Probably the shortest smile that I've ever had....good luck though in making it to the meet!

Dec 7, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #27 of 87
Well, I just bought a 4g iPod Photo 60GB so I'd have it in time for the meet (mostly so I can listen to everyone else's stuff
evil_smiley.gif
).

I've also updated my bring list (no DAC-AH, stock D02, iPod).

If anyone's interested in attending but doesn't have a ride, I'll be coming from Bucks County via the 276/202 route. If you're between me and Paoli (draw a line from Willow Grove/Doylestown to Paoli on a map and be reasonably close to that line) I'd be happy to pick you up.

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:05 AM Post #28 of 87
btw, you misspelled my username.

Headphones
AKG K340 Stock
Sony SA5000
Sennheiser HD280 blue tack modded, PX200

Amps
Broken PINT
redface.gif
(I accidentally touched a line signal to the DC input. maybe someone could determine what parts need to be replaced?)

Cables

Cardas ALO dock

Wishlist
Everything that everyone coming owns!

Dec 12, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #29 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytryder7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a problem.

Have you contacted any members of the trade? I may have time to send out some invitations on Thursday, but I don't want to duplicate effort.

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #30 of 87
Don't know if I'll be able to come since I know I'm going on vacation sometime around then...But I'll look into it, if it's not too late. Is it walkable from the Paoli train station? I'm in Narberth, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990's (05), as well as some k81 DJ's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back