Phenix G3/Chinese Earmax Clone
Dec 23, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #61 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah okay. Can you pay that to them ior do you have to find them yourself?

Yes. He will include a set if you pay. 25 bucks for a set.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrdin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went through eBay and mine came with decent NOS Russian tubes.
Cyrillic characters are nifty.

Did you buy it from the ebay seller cn_tube? I was a little deterred from buying after looking at their warranty and insurance policy.

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #62 of 209
Quote:

Did you buy it from the ebay seller cn_tube?

Yes. Communication was mediocre but it arrived intact in two weeks. I had to specify after purchase that I needed a 110v version.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #63 of 209
So you paid 160 then? No hit with customs charges?

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #64 of 209
Correct. Customs did open the package but nothing was damaged and I did not have to pay extra. The tubes came packed together with foam in a little tin, which I thought odd, but were unscathed.

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #65 of 209
Anyone actually listening to one of these?

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #66 of 209
Yes? What do you want to know?
Been taking a lot of photos lately...
overall-small.jpg

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #67 of 209
Any observations on the sound quality? What phones are you using it with? Source? Did you get yours off of ebay?

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #68 of 209
Yes. I've posted a few observations on the previous page. As a simple tube design, the sound is extremely dependent on the tubes you use. So far I've found it quite good with cheap Russian tubes and even better with nice British tubes.

What I forgot to mention is; Resonance effects are what really make this amp stand out for me. I love the sense of being in a concert hall. That does not lend itself well to all recordings but the ones I listen to benefit greatly.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #69 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrdin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. I've posted a few observations on the previous page. As a simple tube design, the sound is extremely dependent on the tubes you use. So far I've found it quite good with cheap Russian tubes and even better with nice British tubes.

What I forgot to mention is; Resonance effects are what really make this amp stand out for me. I love the sense of being in a concert hall. That does not lend itself well to all recordings but the ones I listen to benefit greatly.

My bad, looked right over your post. Thanks.

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #70 of 209
Looks very interesting, will keep my eye on this

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #71 of 209
I've been neglecting my headphones a bit too long (spent allot of time on ham radio and work), after reading the posts I decided to order the G3 instead of the T7 version and it should be enroute right now.

Something for the office, and just in time before Chinese New Year, something for me to play around with during the holidays. Looking forward to testing it.

biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #72 of 209
i dont think anyone has mentioned yet about their thoughts/experiences on driving 600ohm headphones, heh

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #73 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hz_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has 5 Pcs stock in factory. We will burn in it for 2 days and will ready to ship next monday. We are not Warraty on this amplifiers but only help Head-fi member to buy and test it.

Are you still selling these?

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #75 of 209
Hmmm really interesting...
I found nothing from that review....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back