PFE or RE0
Nov 8, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #16 of 35
sounds like re0 for me too. thanks for this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #17 of 35
i know this is about iem's but how would you all describe the beyer DT770 250ohms? analytical or something else? i want to get iem's that sound similar to them :). i dont' consider them all that bassy, not compared to my home stereo :wink:.

i will get an amp to power the re0 if thats what i get so that should help with bass, but i want an iem that is similar to the beyer's. are the beyer's analytical?

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #19 of 35
The PFE Perfect Bass is more fun to me than the RE0. The RE0 had a bit more detail, but the bass was lacking although I did get used to it.
With my new PFE PB (after my RE0's died) I 'feel' the music better, just because of the better bass. Also you can tune the sound a bit with the filters, so it's easier to get 'your' sound. Out of the 2 IEM's I like the sound and versitality of the PFE's and that would be my choice.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #20 of 35

Quote:
The PFE Perfect Bass is more fun to me than the RE0. The RE0 had a bit more detail, but the bass was lacking although I did get used to it.
With my new PFE PB (after my RE0's died) I 'feel' the music better, just because of the better bass. Also you can tune the sound a bit with the filters, so it's easier to get 'your' sound. Out of the 2 IEM's I like the sound and versitality of the PFE's and that would be my choice.

Could you compare PFE PB with the other bassy iems you have ever had? Are they as successful as the original pfe?

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:
PFEs would be my Pick.

I agree with that. I have the Perfect Bass version and i'm extremely pleased by the sound quality crisp & clear across the sound spectrum with good bass quality & quantity. And the fit is perfect. You don't even know you have them on.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #22 of 35

Quote:
Quote:

Could you compare PFE PB with the other bassy iems you have ever had? Are they as successful as the original pfe?

Well the only bassy iems I had would be the Creative EP-630 then. It beats them with ease, but that is expected comparing the price-range they belong to.
Comparing them to the Philips SHE-9850 I owned, the PFE has definitly more punch and the quality overall is better.

The only difference between the original PFE and the Perfect bass edition is the green filter. Where the original PFE has gray or black filters,
Gray (mids are accentuated)
Black (highs and lows are accentuated)
Green (perfect bass = extra bass)

Also the PB edition comes without extra's such as a case and extra filters, which keeps the price down and aren't really needed.
If you keeps your ears clean the filters can hold out for a long time and a headphone case can be bought from ebay for a couple of euro's.

But you can always buy and switch filters if the sound is to bassy, I think that's a huge plus.
As Starsky5000 already said, the soundsignature is very nice and I also think comfort is great.

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #24 of 35

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well the only bassy iems I had would be the Creative EP-630 then. It beats them with ease, but that is expected comparing the price-range they belong to.
Comparing them to the Philips SHE-9850 I owned, the PFE has definitly more punch and the quality overall is better.

The only difference between the original PFE and the Perfect bass edition is the green filter. Where the original PFE has gray or black filters,
Gray (mids are accentuated)
Black (highs and lows are accentuated)
Green (perfect bass = extra bass)

Also the PB edition comes without extra's such as a case and extra filters, which keeps the price down and aren't really needed.
If you keeps your ears clean the filters can hold out for a long time and a headphone case can be bought from ebay for a couple of euro's.

But you can always buy and switch filters if the sound is to bassy, I think that's a huge plus.
As Starsky5000 already said, the soundsignature is very nice and I also think comfort is great.

I have pfe and might consider buying green filters if they can compete with the high end bassy iems. If they don't, then there is no point spending $45 on them.

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #25 of 35
Green filters cost 20 euro's (~ $26,50) here in The Netherlands. Are the filters that expensive in Turkey?

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #26 of 35

Quote:
Green filters cost 20 euro's (~ $26,50) here in The Netherlands. Are the filters that expensive in Turkey?

I recently saw them in a UK based website and they were priced £27.99(~ $45). So I thought they would cost same here in Turkey. 20 euros is a good price. Thanks for this info. By the way, if green filters have more bass than the black ones, they might not be for me. Black filters have enough.

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #27 of 35
Hmm some stellar reviews of the new perfect bass pfe's... I have the re0s but the right side failed me...now i'm wondering if i should try the new pfe (still sending in the re0 for replacement though)

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #28 of 35
The switch for me was super. Ok the the RE0 has better detail and is better in the highs, but the PFE PB brings back the bass that I certainly missed and the mids en highs are good enough for me. Sometimes I would like a bit more mids, but that can be done with some equalizing. It's also a matter of the song and source.
You should check them out I think and if the bass is to much, buy the black or grey filters.

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #29 of 35
You should also consider trying the shure black olive filters on the PFE's. They give better isolation and somehow give the detail of the grays with the bass of the blacks. A few others have shared the same experience. I use the black filter with the olives. The grays with the olives had no bass at all.

I cant say if it's a good fit for my ear size or if it's a universal thing, bu it's worth trying if you have some laying around.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #30 of 35
I searched today and saw that green filters cost €12 here. I think this price is very good. So I am gonna order and share my thoughts about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back