Petition for a "Video Games Lounge" subforum. - IT'S LIVE
Feb 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #196 of 352
Not even close...

Xbox Live kicks the crap out PSN (IMO). Stability, sheer player numbers (at least last time I checked), timed exclusives (XBL, DLC, etc), better cross game interaction, etc.

PSN has been playing 'catch up' with XBL since its release, and still hasn't caught up.

Quote:
how can one be better than the other when they are exactly the same? They are objectively the same as the largest multi-player console game is multi-platform and not graphically in some cases but game play and layout identical.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #197 of 352

Quote:
Resident Evil : BIOHAZARD...

Man I love the RE games. I own all the USA releases of every game as well as all the Japanese releases for every game. If anyone is interetsed I have over 120 Resident Evil games, and this includes reprints, special editions, different regions, and so on. I'm such a fan..

I love REMake a lot and just got done playing it earlier. Beat the game in roughly four hours with only four herbs used total. Got the Rocket Launcher, Real Survival, Invisible Enemy, all costumes, and Kamikaze Forest unlocked. Fudge yeah!

I also recently beat BIOHAZARD 2 for Dreamcast with Leon on his A scenario mission with a total time of 1:10 with a S rank and got everything unlocked (except Tofu).

I also love the Chronicles games for the Wii, and Darkside being my fave just for the RE2 scenario. They nailed the scenario and it's nice to see parts of Raccoon City remade. Did you know both games are being ported to the PS3 with added Move support? Color me impressed!

Nice!  I too am a big RE fan, though my survival horror skills are still need improvement.  What do you think of RE Revelations? 

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #198 of 352

Quote:
Not even close...

Xbox Live kicks the crap out PSN (IMO). Stability, sheer player numbers (at least last time I checked), timed exclusives (XBL, DLC, etc), better cross game interaction, etc.

PSN has been playing 'catch up' with XBL since its release, and still hasn't caught up.

I agree that XBL is "better" but I still like the options PSN has when it comes to flexibility. I don't like having to pay for XBL. I still wouldn't completely dismiss PSN. I think the Vita will breath some much needed dynamism into Sony's model. Still, aside from MGS4 and Dust 514, I don't think the PS3 has much going for it but that's just my own tastes there.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #199 of 352
Nice to see another survivor in here :wink:

I really like Revelations quite a bit. The story is the best in the series, though it reminds me of Metal Gear Solid in a way. The story is kinda convoluted.

I beat the main game eight times and am now playing Raid Mode. RM is very fun and I just got a level 30 Magnum Python from joining a random game with a guy at max rank.

Quote:
Nice!  I too am a big RE fan, though my survival horror skills are still need improvement.  What do you think of RE Revelations? 

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #200 of 352

Quote:
Nice to see another survivor in here :wink:

I really like Revelations quite a bit. The story is the best in the series, though it reminds me of Metal Gear Solid in a way. The story is kinda convoluted.

I beat the main game eight times and am now playing Raid Mode. RM is very fun and I just got a level 30 Magnum Python from joining a random game with a guy at max rank.

Have they gotten away from the las plagas in Revelations? I sorely miss the days of the T and G-Viruses...

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #201 of 352
You get what you pay for...I've always said that when it comes to this topic.

Quote:

I agree that XBL is "better" but I still like the options PSN has when it comes to flexibility. I don't like having to pay for XBL. I still wouldn't completely dismiss PSN. I think the Vita will breath some much needed dynamism into Sony's model. Still, aside from MGS4 and Dust 514, I don't think the PS3 has much going for it but that's just my own tastes there.

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #202 of 352
Yes the new enemies are called Ooze and are infected by the T-Abyss Virus which is a mixture of the T-Virus and the Abyss virus (found in the deep sea). They shamble about like zombies and can't use weapons. Jill's parts are like REMake, being dark, moody, and atmospheric. Whenever you play as Chris it's an action fest.

If ti makes you happy, they brought the Hunters back and they are quite deadly!

Quote:
Have they gotten away from the las plagas in Revelations? I sorely miss the days of the T and G-Viruses...

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #203 of 352

Quote:
Yes the new enemies are called Ooze and are infected by the T-Abyss Virus which is a mixture of the T-Virus and the Abyss virus (found in the deep sea). They shamble about like zombies and can't use weapons. Jill's parts are like REMake, being dark, moody, and atmospheric. Whenever you play as Chris it's an action fest.

If ti makes you happy, they brought the Hunters back and they are quite deadly!

Actually, that does reassure me quite a bit. I wasn't a fan of RE5 but I liked they threw the lickers (albeit a different variety) into the mix. I missed the hunters however quite a bit. As odd as it sounds, there's something endearing about those "What the hell?" moments when you were decapitated if you poked your head around the wrong corner. Except the Betas... I hated those damn things. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #204 of 352
Yes the Hunter Beta from RE3 were a pain as they were fast and deadly, though a Magnum or Machine Gun sent them packing. 

I hope you've been following Resident Evil 6. They are bringing back Zombies finally! Leon is in it and his scenario is supposed to be like the old games. You are in a T-Virus infected city called Tall Oaks and the entire place is infested. The scenario is set at night and is dark and moody. One thing is that the Zombies have the ability to use weapons like pipes, which I think is quite cool. It's nice to see the undead slightly smarter.

Quote:
Actually, that does reassure me quite a bit. I wasn't a fan of RE5 but I liked they threw the lickers (albeit a different variety) into the mix. I missed the hunters however quite a bit. As odd as it sounds, there's something endearing about those "What the hell?" moments when you were decapitated if you poked your head around the wrong corner. Except the Betas... I hated those damn things. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #205 of 352

Quote:
Not even close...

but that's not what were talking about*i hate the dashborde set up and micro$oft's unreliable service from the 70 hours i spent online with friends* Were talking about the multiplayer aspect.

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #206 of 352
You might not like the interface, but at least it's more consistently online than PSN.

Xbox LIVE hasn't gone down for an entire month before...That's the online aspect of it.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #207 of 352
Quote:
how can one be better than the other when they are exactly the same? They are objectively the same as the largest multi-player console game is multi-platform and not graphically in some cases but game play and layout identical.

Well in my honest opinion take the same game, say MW3, which I have played extensively on PS3; that I dont own and Xbox 360; which there are two in my house... are totally different. The Xbox has a larger social integration and better overall networking and interface, so when you factor in all of that the way you experience the game changes, especially when you have a better controller I feel the Xbox takes the gold. And my favorite game series are on Xbox, Gears of War and Halo. I feel PS3 just doesnt have the good FPS titles beside it.

And typically what I see on Xbox is there are a lot of college kids and people around that age who are fun, and on PS3 everytime I play I end up getting a lobby of little kids who dont even know how to trash talk or play and end up asking everyone to quickscope and scream and cry like babies.

Playstation and Sony just cant beat Microsoft who make the better package. Just like PS1 and PS2 which I have they are ancient when compared to the original Xbox, which created online console multiplayer

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #208 of 352

Quote:
You might not like the interface, but at least it's more consistently online than PSN.

Xbox LIVE hasn't gone down for an entire month before...That's the online aspect of it.
biggrin.gif

Yikes an entire month?!  Was that when users' credit cards were being hacked?

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #209 of 352

Quote:
Yes the Hunter Beta from RE3 were a pain as they were fast and deadly, though a Magnum or Machine Gun sent them packing. 

I hope you've been following Resident Evil 6. They are bringing back Zombies finally! Leon is in it and his scenario is supposed to be like the old games. You are in a T-Virus infected city called Tall Oaks and the entire place is infested. The scenario is set at night and is dark and moody. One thing is that the Zombies have the ability to use weapons like pipes, which I think is quite cool. It's nice to see the undead slightly smarter.

Welp, whats' going on with Damnation? I heard Revelations was a prequel to that which was in turn a prequel to RE6. It seems like they're trying to add depth to the story from more than one angle kinda like how hey started to with Wesker's Report but they never truly followed through with it. There's also the matter of Sherry who was supposed to be in RE5 but that never manifested itself. That to me was kinda a major detail they stuffed under the carpet. It was such a brief, yet prominent point made in Wesker's Report. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back