Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades
May 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #137 of 158
Quote:DefQon
Why is it that I'm only one here that feels this ain't going to happen anytime soon?

The point here is not the time but the actuality.

It's a bit like ordering a BHSE about 3 years ago, except you knew that the BHSE was definitely coming one day.

I vote for bringing them back ASAP with quality workmanship.

May 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #138 of 158
Quote:
Why is it that I'm only one here that feels this ain't going to happen anytime soon?

Oh, I know it's not happening soon. I just want it to happen eventually

May 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #139 of 158
Quote:
Oh, I know it's not happening soon. I just want it to happen eventually

Yeah true. I want it to happen soon, but I'm afraid it will be a long while till we see one. Maybe with the release of the Kingsound stat and how well it will fit in with the current stat(s) from Koss and Stax will hopefully push the big 3 to release a new affordable bang for buck superduper stat.

May 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #140 of 158
I spoke with Dr.Fan Bian about this today and he had some interesting and exciting things to say about the Jade 
ph34r.gif

May 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #141 of 158
Quote:
I spoke with Dr.Fan Bian about this today and he had some interesting and exciting things to say about the Jade 
ph34r.gif

Prove it 
tongue.gif

May 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #142 of 158
Yeah, you better keep talking my friend 
cool.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #143 of 158
Details can change and I don't want to stir rumors or "promises" which lead to Hifiman having to come here and waste their time fending them off.

It's what some of you expected:

a) there is no petition needed

b) something exists that already sounds exceptional and needs good housing. 

May 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #144 of 158
Details can change and I don't want to stir rumors or "promises" which lead to Hifiman having to come here and waste their time fending them off.

This actually makes sense, it is said that Fang Bian is working on a new (flagship) headphone.

May 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #145 of 158
There were already plenty of hints that Hifiman was working on a new Jade, even a confirmation from a distributor if I remember correctly. Knowing how fast Hifiman comes out with their stuff I would assume that they're probably going to at least make an announcement about these next year.

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #146 of 158
Quote:

No rush. They should take their time and do it right.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #147 of 158
Any news on these?  I've read some cryptic references that these are coming in some forums on the internet, but nothing more than a very brief mention.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #148 of 158
Here's my fifth signature... needs more news.

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #149 of 158
Some interesting information popped up on the HE400i/HE560 thread from hifiman-us (official contributor).

"Thanks for the question. The new ES will definitely come well after the HE-400i and HE-560. Perhaps later this year but it is more important to make sure it is perfect so that will determine exactly when it is launched. 

Not sure about compatibility with Stax amps. Will see what I can find out.

Btw, I have seen a few Head-Fers calling it "Jade II". That is a name someone made up, not one we are using at HiFiMAN. This ES phone will be nothing like the original Jade. 

Peter"

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #150 of 158
Wow, that's unfortunate. I think what everyone wants is very similar sound but with actual durability. If it's nothing like the old Jade my interest level is virtually zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back