Peter123's reviews, planned reviews, first impressions and comparisons AKA Peter's Place
Nov 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #61 of 251
Ok, first thoughts on the new three cheapos :wink:

The YINJW Wood turned out to be another version than the one I ordered and the one I wanted (the open back version) seem to be discontinued so I accepted a 50% refund and kept them. They remind me enough of the YINJW DIY IE800 that I suspect them to use the same driver. Unfortunately the wood version have an even more elevated bass and sound a bit sluggish in comparison.

The KZ HSD1 is great. They've got a pretty balanced sound with more midbass (bit not too much) than subbass impact. The lift in the lower midrange gives them an full and intimate presentation without sounding to warm and certainly not dark. May even compete with the ED9 as my favorite KZ IEM. Well extended but still smooth treble as well.

The Rock Zircon was a big disappointment to me. Classical v-shape signature with a carpet of bass, recessed mids and splashy treble. There's more subbass than midbass but it's just too much for me and I don't find it to be a good subbass either but rather flat and just disturbing.

These are initial impressions but I don't think they'll change much. The Zircons has played for about 12 hours now and the other two for a couple of hours.

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #62 of 251
Glad, I resisted my temptation on both Yinjaws and Rock Zircons during 11/11 sale 
wink_face.gif

IEMs with mid-bass bloat is a strict no-no for me (BTW, still waiting for the delivery of my HDS1s).

And thanks for the heads-up, Mate!
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #63 of 251
Glad, I resisted my temptation on both Yinjaws and Rock Zircons during 11/11 sale :wink_face:

IEMs with mid-bass bloat is a strict no-no for me (BTW, still waiting for the delivery of my HDS1s).

And thanks for the heads-up, Mate! :beerchug:  

Lol! No worries :wink:

Yeah, to me you definitely made the right choice. I do lack some sparkle on the HDS1's but you can't get everything for a tenner and they're still very nice :)

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #64 of 251
Added the CEntrance DACport Slim to the list:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/centrance-dacport-slim/reviews/14592

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #65 of 251
Peter123...

I have a question for you regarding the LZ-A2 and the Philips Fideleo S2, im considering a 100 euro IEM/earphone and im down to those two... is the LZ-A2 woth the lack of warranty, wait to deliver from china and worst construction quality ?

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #66 of 251
  Peter123...

I have a question for you regarding the LZ-A2 and the Philips Fideleo S2, im considering a 100 euro IEM/earphone and im down to those two... is the LZ-A2 woth the lack of warranty, wait to deliver from china and worst construction quality ?

Interesting question. Unfortunately I mailed my LZ-A2 to a fellow Headfier the other day so I won't be able to do a direct comparison. This mean that what I do point out as differences are rather noticable ones.

The two are very different in their over all sound. The A2's has much more bass presence across the whole spectrum. Sub bass digs deeper and mid bass has more impact. The treble on the A2's are noticable smoother than on the S2's but  it also rolls off earlier. Mids on the S2's are a bit more forward. The S2's also has better soundstage width. Isolation is better on the A2's while the S2 feels better built (the A2's are by no means bad built but the S2's are some of the best I've ever come across in this aspect). The S2's also has a flat cable which is a problem for some people (the cable is very soft and flexiable though). Altough I might prefer the S2 in the long run the A2 has a more unique sound.

Hope this helps :)

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #68 of 251
Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 arrived today and is now safely installed in my Matrix M-stage:

Dec 31, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #72 of 251
Jan 2, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #73 of 251
Added the review of the amazing Zen 2.0 to the list:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-zen-v2/reviews/14922

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #75 of 251
  **** UE added as well:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/****-ue/reviews/14924

Great review, mate!

Sounds very interesting (especially when reading your comparison of these against costlier E80 or mass favt VSD3).

I have a request, though. If you happen to have either Soundmagic E10 or Brainwavz Jive(both of these, i got recently) then could you kindly compare **** UE against these and also if possible against KZ HDS1 for their similarities and differences. 

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back