PETA urges Ben and Jerry's to use human breast milk.
Sep 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #46 of 107
The fat content seemed pretty similar to straight cow milk I had on my folks' farm, but the sweetness is unnerving.

Great story, btw Eric.

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #47 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mind people expressing their opinions of distaste for the idea, but you won't be getting any sympathy from me for trying to impose your morality on the rest of us.

Put human milk in the stores. If it doesn't sell, it won't last long. If there's high demand, somebody will get rich. You don't have to buy it if you don't want to, but at least give others the choice!
tongue.gif

As Dr. House would say: "You idiot!" Thanks for ignoring any of the subtlety in my post, in that I was trying to be humorous. And it is not "imposing morality" on anyone when I state the FACT that this is clearly an ABSURD idea on the part of PETA. But there are reasons why the implementation of this idea is infeasible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A closer parallel would be getting paid for donating blood, or for donating sperm. Oh wait, we already do that!!

No, it is nothing like that. Let's see here: donating blood to save lives, or getting paid to jerk off so that people can have children; that versus a woman squeezing breast milk (process that I've heard is slightly less enjoyable than having an orgasm
rolleyes.gif
) out of her breasts. I foresee about... ten women signing up for the program, who are probably all members of... PETA. And, frankly, I don't want to drink the milk of someone who is a member of PETA...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the main obstacle i can see is that we'd need to essentially treat women like cattle. That means keeping them in a dormatory somewhere so we can control their diet and any pharmeceuticals they take, to keep good control of the quality and safety of the milk.

I don't think that would go over so well.

Good thing i don't take advice from organizations that have convicted arsonists on the payroll.

REASON! (As usual from ericj)

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #49 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fat content seemed pretty similar to straight cow milk I had on my folks' farm, but the sweetness is unnerving.

Great story, btw Eric.

What i found remarkable though was that the unnamed baby food company (my friend hasn't violated his NDA and i won't ask him to) gave him a list of nutrients they wanted measured, and a list of things they specifically wanted him to not look at.

But he says that's normal. Most people farming out lab work are looking for specifics, and specifically don't want to hear about anything that might, uh, confuse their audience.

Except when his lab gets samples from the government, and they say "run this spectra, and this spectra, but do NOT run this other spectra, or that other spectra".

And the list of do-nots betrays precisely what they didn't want him to suspect.

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #50 of 107
Sounds like plausible deniability.

If there are no tests, there are no results to spin. Makes sense if you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #52 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long before this ends up in a sig....???
biggrin.gif

Aw hell....

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #53 of 107
haha, probably not much longer

it is truly a shame that PETA refuses to focus on things they can actually do. personally I think it would be smarter for them to spend some time and effort trying to get better regulation of cage free and humane laws, which suck right now, then trying to convince a company to screw itself.

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #54 of 107
Was it PETA who repeatedly released captive mink into the English countryside, further threatening native endangered species? Probably not, but they're mean-looking...

0,1020,1004135,00.jpg

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #55 of 107
If PETA had their way
e42138a9.jpg

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #57 of 107
Udderly ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back