PETA urges Ben and Jerry's to use human breast milk.
Sep 24, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #17 of 107
I've been advocating the production of human breast milk for consumer consumption for years. It's actually a great idea.

But not at the expense of cow milk obviously. Bring choice to the people!! Personally I'm surprised noone has tried it yet. Surely if it tasted good it would sell like hot cakes, even if it were only for a tiny niche market.

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #18 of 107
I don't know if I am for the production of human milk but it doesn't take a scientist to logically figure out that milk from a human is way better for a human than milk from a cow. Maybe we shouldn't be drinking milk at all after a certain age. I also find it amusing that people still find drinking another animal's milk appetizing (cow/goat) while the thought of it coming from a human is gross. If you can drink milk from a cow you can drink milk from anything. I for one would prefer if my milk came from a human nipple than a cow's.
smily_headphones1.gif
Or maybe I am just sour (no pun intended) because I am lactose intolerant.
smily_headphones1.gif
I do love my Soy though. Almond milk is good too.

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #19 of 107
I'll eat soy anything, actually. But breast milk? I was on the breasts for three week before my mom ran dry. I was a hungry kid. So it's been 22.5 years since my last taste, and let's keep it that way, dammit!

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #21 of 107
I say treat farm animals with respect, but continue to use them as a food source. It isn't necessary for them to suffer so that we may eat. Aside from that, there isn't any chance that women will submit to the torture involved. :wink:

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #22 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and let's keep it that way, dammit!

I don't mind people expressing their opinions of distaste for the idea, but you won't be getting any sympathy from me for trying to impose your morality on the rest of us.

Put human milk in the stores. If it doesn't sell, it won't last long. If there's high demand, somebody will get rich. You don't have to buy it if you don't want to, but at least give others the choice!
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #23 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if I am for the production of human milk but it doesn't take a scientist to logically figure out that milk from a human is way better for a human than milk from a cow. Maybe we shouldn't be drinking milk at all after a certain age. I also find it amusing that people still find drinking another animal's milk appetizing (cow/goat) while the thought of it coming from a human is gross. If you can drink milk from a cow you can drink milk from anything. I for one would prefer if my milk came from a human nipple than a cow's.
smily_headphones1.gif
Or maybe I am just sour (no pun intended) because I am lactose intolerant.
smily_headphones1.gif
I do love my Soy though. Almond milk is good too.

Great post :)

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #25 of 107
Now PETA will say another Innovative IDea..

Eat Humans NOT MeaT!

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #26 of 107
Is it too late to sign up to help with the impregnation?

Also, what's the data on the ill-effects of bovine milk? "Experts" are often jack-asses. Representatives of my own field have said pretty stupid things in their time. Data or shens.

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #29 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh.

That was a serious question. Valid for all farm animals, actually. If there would be no economic benefit from growing them, why would anyone grow them? And, if no farmer will grow farm animals, how would those species survive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back