Perreaux "SXH2"
Aug 12, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #31 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
if it is the same pot as the SHX-1 (and it looks the same) then I will be very pleased and I think I will give this one a shot. Looks good and I always liked the Perreaux SHX-1 sound...very very sweet sounding amplifier!!

When we are talking about the volume pot, we are talking about the top center of the first picture posted by abula (some more pics) right?

Aug 12, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #32 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10
When we are talking about the volume pot, we are talking about the top center of the first picture posted by abula (some more pics) right?

yes. the light green thing with metal wrapped around it by the headphone jacks.

Aug 12, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #34 of 69
In Perreaux's email letter, they did mention a "higher quality Potentiometer". Don't know what that means.

Can't wait for immpressions. How about it JMedeiros, SeanH, Sovkiller? JK

Aug 12, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #35 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by cadobhuk
its probably gonna cost somewhere in $700s.
redface.gif

considering it is replacing the SXH1...i hope not..
frown.gif
sucks to be a poor student.

Aug 12, 2004 at 10:31 AM Post #38 of 69
how much is that in US$?? that pr0n is tempting me!!!!!!!!!

Aug 12, 2004 at 11:31 AM Post #40 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
uh NZ$700 = USD$462
and the SXH1 was introduced at USD$299

The price is NZ was $700. I know it was less in the US, but if you remember, the price went up.

Aug 12, 2004 at 12:29 PM Post #41 of 69
If AudioAdvisor is not a U.S. seller expect to pay big dollars for the folk at Hififarm!! If AA choose to sell it, the price *mighta* be around 450 dollars.

Aug 12, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #42 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbirkett
The price is NZ was $700. I know it was less in the US, but if you remember, the price went up.

i see, well lets just cross our fingers and hope.. if it costs that much i think i might look into a full blown ppa
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 12, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #43 of 69
Quote:

uh NZ$700 = USD$462
and the SXH1 was introduced at USD$299

Perreaux should keep both SXHs in their line-up to satisfy different price range. To me, sxh1 under $300 and sxh2 under$450 make good pair-up to other competition. I'm thinking basic PPA to maxxed PPA range.

Aug 12, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #44 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
Perreaux should keep both SXHs in their line-up to satisfy different price range. To me, sxh1 under $300 and sxh2 under$450 make good pair-up to other competition. I'm thinking basic PPA to maxxed PPA range.

Not a viable option. Most of the parts are carried over IMO or I have to go through Marketing 101 again
tongue.gif

Having two amplifiers which are waaay too similar to each other is also a bad marketing policy.

I doubt the SHX-2 will be a VAST improvement over the SHX-1. Perreaux will have to price this around $400.00 for it to be competitive. Also - the debacle that was the death bell for the SHX-1 will probably lend a unhealthy aura over it. Therefore it is sensible to scrap the SHX-1, make a few changes both electronically and cosmetically, rename it and sell it as a different product.

I honestly couldnt care less - the Perreaux is a darn good amp and I will snap one of these up if the price is right and if AA carries them (AA is excellent IMHO).

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back