Perreaux SXH-1 FOR $200
Sep 16, 2004 at 9:08 PM Post #63 of 115
Think I got the last one. Got it put on hold and gonna pay for it tomorrow. Been looking at this amp for awhile, glad to get it for such a cheap price. Kinda funny how I'm not the only Kevin Burns to put a hold on this amp. Hopefully it won't buzz
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #64 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
Sov, you've got your amp yet?

I GOT IT !!!!! TWO MINUTES AGO........UFFFFF!!!!!! 25 CALLS TO FEDEX, AND THREE DAYS WAITING FOR IT.....not only this amp, also my SACD players was missing the same way, both packages were delivered ot the same person and both were recouped, thanks God....

Well so far so good, not hum, no nothing, one thing I noticed, it has less power than my old Rev 0.3...

Sep 17, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #65 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Well so far so good, not hum, no nothing, one thing i noticed, it has less power than the Rev 0.5

Sov, I thought you got the rev 0.5, are you comparing with your past amp?

Sep 17, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #66 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
Sov, I thought you got the rev 0.5, are you comparing with your past amp?

Sorry that was a typo, it should say: it has less power than the Rev 0.3....the new Rev 0.5, I received today, need more volume level to drive the CD3000 than the prior Rev 0.3....

Sep 17, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #67 of 115
Sovkiller, it's good to hear that you found both amp and SACD player. I used to live in NJ too and lost couple of Ebay auction items I won. It took forever to claim insurance through USPS. At least you found them!

Quote:

Sorry that was a typo, it should say: it has less power than the Rev 0.3....the new Rev 0.5, I received today, need more volume level to drive the CD3000 than the prior Rev 0.3....

That is kinda good thing, isn't it. You get a wider range of control using the dinky knob. $200 is practically a steal. If I wasn't saving for MPX3, I would've jumped on it in a heart beat too.

Sep 18, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #68 of 115
Question for you guys......does anybody has the schematic of this Perreaux Rev 0.5....what is that jumper for? The one around the corner of the heatsink, i ahve emailed twice ot Perreaux trying ot get the schematic but in vane....no answer....

Sep 18, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #69 of 115
Quote:

Question for you guys......does anybody has the schematic of this Perreaux Rev 0.5....what is that jumper for? The one around the corner of the heatsink, i ahve emailed twice ot Perreaux trying ot get the schematic but in vane....no answer....

Voltage input setting (220v or 110v)

This is information from Plainsong (headFi member) - I dont know if it is accurate or not but it sure makes sense - can someone clarify - I will try to clarify anyway.

Cheers!

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #70 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Voltage input setting (220v or 110v)

This is information from Plainsong (headFi member) - I dont know if it is accurate or not but it sure makes sense - can someone clarify - I will try to clarify anyway.

Cheers!

Nope, the voltage setting is set via some wires, that you have to solder in a different position (see my post answering Plainsong) this is a "new" jumper that was not there before....

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #71 of 115
Anybody wants to try the jumper in the other setting?
tongue.gif

Why not ask Audio Advisor...just call em up and ask em to clarify what em lil piece o plastic is fuh.

Im sure they can contact perreaux and find out for us.

BTW - Any word on the SHX-2 ??
confused.gif

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #72 of 115
Quote:

I am sorry but this is not the case with my perreaux shx-1 rev 0.5

I had a 0.3 before and I had to go waaay past the 12:00 mark

with the current 0.5 I am finished at the 9:00 mark

SAME SOURCE, Same CD, Same Cable, Same Headphone

Cheers!

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #73 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I am sorry but this is not the case with my perreaux shx-1 rev 0.5

I had a 0.3 before and I had to go waaay past the 12:00 mark

with the current 0.5 I am finished at the 9:00 mark

SAME SOURCE, Same CD, Same Cable, Same Headphone

Cheers!

Maybe I got another variation or setting in mine, the one i had, never hummed before that stupid mod (as many others that hummed from the beginning) and I remember that it got pretty hot (not an issue with others that i remeber) Now this new one is completelly cool to the touch, even the heatsink is cool inside.

With the old 0.3 IIRC, not 100% sure though, I used to drive it up to the 9:00 position, with htis one about 10:00 - 11:00, but I had now a different source and maybe is that instead.....

BTW, I tried the jumper in both positions, E and F, and nothing happen that I noticed.....

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #74 of 115
Quote:

but I had now a different source and maybe is that instead.....

The most likely reason IMO. Sources have different output levels and you can see - plug in a PCDP and the volume level will change...go back to your CD (NP-685V - do you have this now?) and the volume setting will change.

Quote:

BTW, I tried the jumper in both positions, E and F, and nothing happen that I noticed.....

You're a brave man
smily_headphones1.gif

I would find out first before I change anything.

Sep 18, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #75 of 115
Quote:

even if it *was* the voltage switch, you won't kill it cause you're feeding 110V into 110V OR 220V.. but if you were feeding 220V and switched to 110V...
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back