Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
May 21, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #736 of 1,454
To anyone who has had Periodic IEMs for a while now, how have they held up in terms of reliability and the cable?

Other than the time my cat chewed through the cord they have held up great. I just treat them like they have a thin fixed cable and everything goes fine. The iem housing shows no signs of ware and my BEs sound fantastic.

May 21, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #737 of 1,454
Can verify, they are fantastic with metal and now that I've had them for a while I can definitely agree that they complement Audeze headphones well.

May 21, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #738 of 1,454
I have had both the Be and Mg for about a year, both are showing intermittent cutout on the cable. I need to get them back to Dan to see what the issue is. I have been delicate in my handling of them as well. Always go back in their tins when done. Still dig the sounds, just disappointed in the cable.

May 22, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #740 of 1,454
Just got a reply from Dan saying that they'll look into my cable issue and should be covered. Awesome to see a company standing by their product. Just great customer service.

May 22, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #741 of 1,454
IIRC there's a massive 5-year warranty on these things and cable repairs are generally covered. It IS nice, but damn it'd be nicer to just be able to do a quick swap.

May 27, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #742 of 1,454
Just picked up the Mg's after running over my Xiaomi Piston 3's at work. I usually use a IEM at work + Apogee Groove. Home setup is a and HD650 + O2/ODAC.

I have to say, these are the only IEMS to ever "wow" me. I can't believe the texture of the bass on these. Do yourselves a favor and listen to "Fever to the form" by Nick Mulvey. My lord I can't believe the lower freq's coming from these. The fit is incredible as well with the stock eartips. I've been a huge comply fan, but I think the extra mile that Dan & his team went to milling their own tips really shines here.

May consider picking up some BE's in the future.

May 28, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #744 of 1,454
Still honeymooning with the MG's (day 2) and while giving them a "visual inspection", I couldn't help but notice a small gap between the end of the cap and the body itself, posted the photos here to imgur: https://imgur.com/a/8PH38ys (headphones on the left).

Looks to be some sort of defect? Regardless, I don't want to run the risk of these things coming loose on me so I'm going to return them to Amazon for a new pair.

May 28, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #745 of 1,454
Still honeymooning with the MG's (day 2) and while giving them a "visual inspection", I couldn't help but notice a small gap between the end of the cap and the body itself, posted the photos here to imgur: https://imgur.com/a/8PH38ys (headphones on the left).

Looks to be some sort of defect? Regardless, I don't want to run the risk of these things coming loose on me so I'm going to return them to Amazon for a new pair.
Hey friend,

I own a pair of BE's and wanted to let you know that the end cap is merely cosmetic and has nothing to do with the function of the phones. They literally snap on like a button would and I think they use a little adhesive in manufacturing which probably dried out and stopped being adhesive. When mine poped off I thought, OH crap THEY'RE RUINED! But, after I picked up the cap and inspected I realized it just snapped on snugly and snapped it back on. Later I used a spot of superglue to make sure it wouldn't come off again and haven't had a problem since. Save yourself some time and DIY a spot of glue will keep it on. Maybe Dan can even confirm that these are snap on cosmetic additions to the body of the IEM.

May 28, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #747 of 1,454
Note that there is an intentional 0.25mm "gap" between the body and the cap, and both the end of the body and the inside of the cap have a small bevel to meet that gap.

The metal is glued to a plastic rear plug. The rear plug completely seals the acoustic chamber; the metal does not seal at all. What the metal does is provide a cosmetic feature for telling the models apart, as well as providing 0.9 grams of weight on the end to move the center of gravity to where we want it.

If you want to return/exchange them, please contact support@periodicaudio.com and we'll get you hooked up!

May 28, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #748 of 1,454
idk Dave, it could be that the rear chamber http://periodicaudio.com/Anatomy.html isn't fit all the way correctly / sitting right etc.
Looks like periodic audio is on it! But I promise you, my end cap came completely off, I mean popped all the way off when I dropped them accidentally on my kitchen floor (my fault). Subsequently I was able to snap it back on. You can even see in that diagram that the metallic end cap just snaps onto that little black nub at the end of the acoustic chamber. I'd suggest applying a little bit of even pressure on that side of the end cap that is sitting unevenly and see if it doesn't just pop into place. My experience with their support was awesome so have no fears, they WILL get you taken care of.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #749 of 1,454
Same thing happened too m, that whole circle black connector came loose on Be when I went too reach for my earbud 1 time in my ear xD(doctor plz?!), but you can repush her up and it's not a problem @ except yea it would be nice too fix it and you have a 5 year warranty and so there's no hurry @ all. Call up Dan DIRECTLY(how cool is that, you get too literally talk WITH(notice how I emphasize with)) the designer of your head phone @ their main contact of periodic studios.

May 28, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #750 of 1,454
So I splurged and got the Be's on Friday, and so far I've been really enjoying them. I did have a peculiar issue with them today though. I put the IEMs in their case today, and when I later went to use them, the case would not open, despite my efforts. In fact, it took the use of a screwdriver to be wedged between the lid and the case and a hammer for it to finally pry it apart. As a result, the case now has some dents and dings, which sucks, but hopefully it's not a reoccuring issue. I'm wondering if it was because the foam circle in the lid isn't cut completely correctly. Has anyone else had this issue?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ruIThT3rNj8vCds2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back