Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Aug 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #377 of 1,454
The cable isn't my favorite cable ever, but if it holds up for its 5 year warranty, I'll be pretty happy with it. I wish it would straighten out easier, though.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #378 of 1,454
I've been listening to these a good bit the past couple days.. they are some fun sounding IEMs! I'm enjoying these a lot.

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #379 of 1,454
I've been listening to these a good bit the past couple days.. they are some fun sounding IEMs! I'm enjoying these a lot.
And at the end of the day, that's the goal. If you have fun, if you enjoy listening to music - then it's a good product. Measurements are a great way to capture what you are doing but I'm not a big believer in that they should guide where you are going. Listen to the product, and if it moves you - it's right.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #380 of 1,454
Just came in from a long walk with the Be and X3iii. Great pairing. I keep saying it but these are really a great piece. Very balanced with a touch of warmth. Light-weight and easily driven. Thank you Dan.
upload_2017-9-4_12-52-23.png

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #382 of 1,454
but I still want detachable cable like lot of others
Patience. We won't do removable cables until we can do them properly. And in our opinion, an MMCX-based solution is NOT proper.

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #383 of 1,454
I wish there were more ear tip sizes included. What suits me best are the silicon single flange types. The problem is that there are only three sizes, and my ears are kinda weird that I think the best fit sonically would be halfway between the medium and large tips.. With the medium tips it gives me the best mids and transients, but the bass is ultimately lacking on most tracks. With the large tips, although the seal is good, there's just too much bass and it obscures transient detail especially with complex material..

I did use some spare tips from other IEM's but they altered the tonality to a great degree IMO. I even tried Spinfit CP100's but the stock ones still sound best to me.. I think the secret with the stock silicon single flange is the large bore size and its shape, that it sounds best with the Be.. And it's unique to Periodic.. I'm not a fan of foam tips, they kill microdynamics IMO.

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #389 of 1,454
UK and Canada: starting to look. The last thing we wanted to do was expand above our ability to support. We want to manage growth of distribution so that we can support the entire distribution chain - not just with product, but with technical support, etc.

Sep 10, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #390 of 1,454
I wish there were more ear tip sizes included. What suits me best are the silicon single flange types. The problem is that there are only three sizes, and my ears are kinda weird that I think the best fit sonically would be halfway between the medium and large tips.. With the medium tips it gives me the best mids and transients, but the bass is ultimately lacking on most tracks. With the large tips, although the seal is good, there's just too much bass and it obscures transient detail especially with complex material..

I did use some spare tips from other IEM's but they altered the tonality to a great degree IMO. I even tried Spinfit CP100's but the stock ones still sound best to me.. I think the secret with the stock silicon single flange is the large bore size and its shape, that it sounds best with the Be.. And it's unique to Periodic.. I'm not a fan of foam tips, they kill microdynamics IMO.

TIps with larger bore size (like 6mm) sound definitely sound the best with Be making their sound even greater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back