Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Aug 19, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #361 of 1,454
I've been using these IEMs (Be) for about two weeks with Fiio x5III mostly, and I have to say, that they are simply wonderful and proved to be a great upgrade for my sennheiser ie8 (tried various middle-end iems before, including hybrids etc. but those did not come even close), having similar neutral-ish signature, but being more detailed and "juicy". Very tolerant to a source and music mastering quality. Sound becomes more open and natural with eartips, that have wider nozzle.
The only concern - I'd love to get some options for re-cabling in the future, such great IEMs deserve a chance to get a custom cable:wink:

Thank you for the great job, guys!

I saw on twitter that they are coming out with a new cable with less microphonics and a new grille for the right side that has a molded in red color for easier R/L differentiation. Ahhh,the pitfalls of being an early adopter :) Gives me an excuse to hand these down to my wife and get another pair, haha

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #363 of 1,454
I've been using these IEMs (Be) for about two weeks with Fiio x5III mostly, and I have to say, that they are simply wonderful and proved to be a great upgrade for my sennheiser ie8 (tried various middle-end iems before, including hybrids etc. but those did not come even close), having similar neutral-ish signature, but being more detailed and "juicy". Very tolerant to a source and music mastering quality. Sound becomes more open and natural with eartips, that have wider nozzle.
The only concern - I'd love to get some options for re-cabling in the future, such great IEMs deserve a chance to get a custom cable:wink:

Thank you for the great job, guys!
Exactly how I feel. I switch between spirals and comply depending how much bass I want. The bass on comply tip with bass boost can hammer your brains out. They can handle a lot of power . I think the best part about the be is the midrange. The voice is very nice and present.

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #364 of 1,454
@DanWiggins
awww man, I wish I made it to SF Head-Fi meet to at least visit you!

Would've love to given the BE a listen!
We will be at the RMAF Can Jam - and we will also be in room 1113 of the RMAF show as well...

Aug 22, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #365 of 1,454
Hey, @DanWiggins I noticed that Periodic IEMs have started appearing on the site of an online vendor, but there doesn't seem to be a list of authorized online vendors on your website. Could you please let everyone know which online vendors are authorized to sell your IEMs? Thanks!

Aug 22, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #366 of 1,454
Hey, @DanWiggins I noticed that Periodic IEMs have started appearing on the site of an online vendor, but there doesn't seem to be a list of authorized online vendors on your website. Could you please let everyone know which online vendors are authorized to sell your IEMs? Thanks!
Yeah. we need to update the website... :wink:

RIght now it's Miyaji Music in Japan, Channel Islands Audio in Oxnard, CA, and World Wide Stereo. There may be others out there who are affiliated with the aforementioned companies, and there are several new dealers that will be announced in the next few weeks.

For the record, we do NOT allow dealers to be "online only". Every dealer of our product needs to have an actual storefront where customers can walk in. They can sell online too - but they have to have a physical presence. The brick-and-mortar dealers built the hi-fi industry, and a good listening room and a variety of systems is still, IMHO, the best way to demo and evaluate potential new purchases. In-home is great too - but sometimes you'll miss synergy of systems that educated, talented dealers will already figure and work out for you. Sometimes a particular 'phone or speaker will sound flat on one amp - and sing on another.

Aug 22, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #367 of 1,454
Yeah. we need to update the website... :wink:

RIght now it's Miyaji Music in Japan, Channel Islands Audio in Oxnard, CA, and World Wide Stereo. There may be others out there who are affiliated with the aforementioned companies, and there are several new dealers that will be announced in the next few weeks.

For the record, we do NOT allow dealers to be "online only". Every dealer of our product needs to have an actual storefront where customers can walk in. They can sell online too - but they have to have a physical presence. The brick-and-mortar dealers built the hi-fi industry, and a good listening room and a variety of systems is still, IMHO, the best way to demo and evaluate potential new purchases. In-home is great too - but sometimes you'll miss synergy of systems that educated, talented dealers will already figure and work out for you. Sometimes a particular 'phone or speaker will sound flat on one amp - and sing on another.

Thanks for the info! I admire your philosophy of selecting online vendors. Meet-ups and audio conventions are better than nothing, but they don't come close to taking your time in a well-appointed brick-and-mortar store with a knowledgeable guide. And, personally, I like to put my money in the hands of entrepreneurs whenever possible.

Aug 23, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #368 of 1,454
I'm especially eager to hear announcements of dealers in the EU. In London there is one in particular that seems like a good match for you, and I'm hoping you'll turn up there.

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #369 of 1,454
I had the MG for a month and they are amazingly good.
I have Nuforce Primo 8, Senn HD600, 650, Denon AHD6000, Sony MDR1R, BW P5...
The Periodic are outstanding in terms of clarity and separation. I'm hearing details that had escaped me for years.
It is that good.
Would love to hear the BE!

Aug 28, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #371 of 1,454
What's the nozzle diameter on these? At a glance I'm guessing 4.5 mm (Comply 400s)?

Aug 29, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #372 of 1,454
I have a honest question when I read this: how do you deal with countries where dealers use the "hygene" excuse to refuse ANY demo of IEMs in stores ?

I'm asking because there are a number of EU countries where (including France) where ALL shops (including audio shops) refuse to let you demo IEMs, which is a big hindrance to make people invest in "higher-end" IEMs.
To me, the hygene issue is not an actual one, but a convenience thing: come on, they let you try ANY headphone that have worn by countless people with dirty hair/ears and they don't even propose wipes to clean them before demo-ing.
But they don't let you demo any IEMs even you come with your own tips and some antiseptic wipes?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #373 of 1,454
I have a honest question when I read this: how do you deal with countries where dealers use the "hygene" excuse to refuse ANY demo of IEMs in stores ?

I'm asking because there are a number of EU countries where (including France) where ALL shops (including audio shops) refuse to let you demo IEMs, which is a big hindrance to make people invest in "higher-end" IEMs.
To me, the hygene issue is not an actual one, but a convenience thing: come on, they let you try ANY headphone that have worn by countless people with dirty hair/ears and they don't even propose wipes to clean them before demo-ing.
But they don't let you demo any IEMs even you come with your own tips and some antiseptic wipes?
We provide plenty of extra single-flange earbuds to dealers so they can do demos. If a dealer isn't letting you try them because of hygiene, I'd love to know because I'd send them another few hundred of each size. When you buy silicone tips by the bucket-load (well, 25K per size at a time), you get a pretty good price and it's small money to let consumers hear the products.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #374 of 1,454
What's the nozzle diameter on these? At a glance I'm guessing 4.5 mm (Comply 400s)?

IIRC dan has said they can use either the T400 or T500 size. I ordered some T400 to try out with these and my Campfire Audio Vega. BTW, the periodic Be's sound holds up very well against the Vega despite being 1/4 the price.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #375 of 1,454
IIRC dan has said they can use either the T400 or T500 size. I ordered some T400 to try out with these and my Campfire Audio Vega. BTW, the periodic Be's sound holds up very well against the Vega despite being 1/4 the price.
Correct T400 and T500 for Comply. CP100 for SpinFit. Sizes 4 and 5 from http://www.earphonesplus.com. If there are other vendors people would like to know about, let me know I'll dig in and figure it out!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back