Perfect Sound Dido D901 Mini-Tour | reviews, discussion, impressions, musings, etc.
Jan 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #31 of 244
  (hinthint I'm getting the X5 next week or so)

Yea so is Gelocks >:3... Oh hey wait u might be on the West Coast [I think I'm saying to much] although at this point I think we all know who is getting the X5... so no big spoilers here I don't think >.> 

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #32 of 244
I'm in the East Coast actually.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #33 of 244
  I'm in the East Coast actually.

Ahh well then maybe Joe has two groups for the east coast!

Either way it's an exciting month for us all :D 

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #34 of 244
wink.gif

I'm actualy going from Canada to West to East (that's the Plan).
Just waiting for confirmation and address from one more person and I can finalize the list. But consider the tour... STARTED!!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #36 of 244

wink.gif

I'm actualy going from Canada to West to East (that's the Plan).
Just waiting for confirmation and address from one more person and I can finalize the list. But consider the tour... STARTED!!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Not a bad idea, keeps the shipping back to you cheap, and if I'm the last one to get it -.- you'd better send me your great grand mothers cook book! 

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #37 of 244
I'm starting off feeding it from the following - via a laptop/FiiO DAC running iTunes, Pandora or Spotify.  Then switching over to vinyl and CD's to give it the full test.

Then to check it out portably with an iPod Classic feeding an Arrow 3G, then back to vintage Kenwood style with a netbook feeding a NuForce uDac2 into this KA-5700.  

What are you guys using to drive this on the tour?  Think we should post the source/amp/etc. with our impressions.  I'm really interested to see how these do with portable setups. 

Thanks again to the main man for putting this together and allowing us to experience something I doubt any of us would buy on our own.  Appreciate it bro.

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #38 of 244
Nice rack  
biggrin.gif

I posted earlier about the equipment I will be using (also in sig). I might also have a Sansa Clip by the time I get the Didos, we'll have to see. Bummer I just sold my Cmoy. 

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #41 of 244
My dorm's kind of cramped, so all I can use it with is an EHHA (an Alex Cavalli design that beats the pants off my SA-31 for detail and control), which I'm actually kind of afraid of using with this because it's so strong and hissy with low impedance headphones. I'll compare them to my modded Beats Pro (Yeah seriously, they're not too bad if you aren't looking for any type of accuracy) and M100, though I doubt they'd be a match for the D901. But secretly I'm hoping they're close enough that I won't want to sell my SA5000 and M100 to fund this.

Oh, portable setup is a Nokia N8 and...I'll probably end up buying a portable amp eventually.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #43 of 244
Nice. 
So great seeing interest from you guys on these cans! I'm pretty sure you'll like them.
So, now that I'm here, this is the route as of now (From Canada, to the West Coast and then the East...)

1) MuppetFace --> Should be getting the headphones this week (or early next)
2) DigitalFreak
3) Oregonian
4) ourfpshero
5) sloomingbla
6) anetode
7) Ishcabible
8) Mshenay
9) PXSS
10) Triggerfish
11) manbear ** (wanted to skip the first few weeks of February)
12) ** wolfetan **
13) ** HideousPride**
14) Mad Lust Envy ** (wanted to be last :wink:)

So, I don't think I have to point it out, but just in case,

a) Earpads are not removable (in case you want to try and remove them LOL!)
b) If you think the box needs replacing, or is too beat up, etc. feel free to do so, they should be free at your local USPS! :wink:
c) If you think it needs a bit of padding, buy some bubble-wrap from the same USPS (they usually sell rolls for like $3) or, use newspaper 
tongue.gif

d) In case of an accident and something breaks, contact me immediately.
e) Please be mindful of others in the tour and comply with the listening period :wink:
f) HAVE FUN!!!!

Please let me (or the thread) know when you receive the headphones, maybe take a couple of pics as well doing battle with your current arsenal.
Also inform when the headphones go out to the next head-fi'er (I'll be providing addresses to the person that has the cans at the moment).

Can't wait for your impressions!

Thanks!

P.S. Let me know if you guys are Ok with the list, info, etc.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #45 of 244
Looks good to me! Hopefully this will give give me enough time to build my portable rig :wink:
Is the cable removable?

Yep.
Just a standard 3.5mm plug.
I even used my V-Moda cable with them. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back