Peoria IL Summer Meet 2016 (June 18th 2016).
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #93 of 99
I wasn't able to make it. Now need to wait for something in Columbus Ohio or Cincinnati Ohio.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #95 of 99
I took and posted some pics not many thought... But here is what I have 

Steve's listening room at his shop was really cool.. Some fantastic sounding stuff in there...

Steve also setup a nice listening station for us of his personal headphone gear.. This included a pair of ZMF Omni's and LCD-2's (pre fazor)

On the left was his TABOO UFO a standard tube amp with transformers designed to be paired with Planars

On the right an Decware's OTL amp the CSP3 which sounded fantastic paired with both the HD800 and HD650's

IMHO.. This combo of the Lyr2 and the HE-6 was the star of the show... Truth be told I didn't even care for the HE-6 until we tried it on the Lyr2 but man did it come alive with that amp.. this setup just sounded wonderful..

Other highlights were my brother bringing his Microsoft HoloLens and letting people check it out... :) Thanks Ben

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #96 of 99
  I took and posted some pics not many thought... But here is what I have 

Steve's listening room at his shop was really cool.. Some fantastic sounding stuff in there...

Steve also setup a nice listening station for us of his personal headphone gear.. This included a pair of ZMF Omni's and LCD-2's (pre fazor)

On the left was his TABOO UFO a standard tube amp with transformers designed to be paired with Planars

On the right an Decware's OTL amp the CSP3 which sounded fantastic paired with both the HD800 and HD650's

IMHO.. This combo of the Lyr2 and the HE-6 was the star of the show... Truth be told I didn't even care for the HE-6 until we tried it on the Lyr2 but man did it come alive with that amp.. this setup just sounded wonderful..

Other highlights were my brother bringing his Microsoft HoloLens and letting people check it out... :) Thanks Ben

Looks like a modded HE-6 though, I noticed the grills were off.  You saying HE-6 was star of show though surprises me, was STAX not present?  :D

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #99 of 99
Many thanks to Justin and Steve. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot even with a relatively small size of the group. Definitely looking forward to future meets (and hope I can make it). 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back