People playing music on their cellphones in public
Sep 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #46 of 69
That's not the point though. Sure you can (as you do) walk around with loud music in public places. It's just rude, nothing more or less.

Of course you could also just use headphones (or use them properly). But that would express some form of courtesy towards others, which is obviously a waste of time and effort.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #47 of 69
You die either way. Whether it's from a bullet right between your eyes, getting chopped to death by an ex-girlfriend, exploded to pieces in a foreign country serving the people don't really give two poops about what you sacrifice for them, car accidents, etc. In a public space, you're free to do anything as long as it's within the law. Whether you agree or not doesn't really matter. Yea smoking is not a very good analogy for noise pollution but you know what I mean. 

Quote:
Koolcat, it's about time smoking became illegal in public spaces - since second hand smoke is harmful. Anybody who smokes in public where others get to personally enjoy their second hand smoke is an inconsiderate you-know-what. Still, smoking is not really a good analogy for noise polution, IMHO.

regular_smile .gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #48 of 69
Smoking in public is very different from playing music in public...
Music in public is obnoxious, but doesn't actually hurt anyone.
Smoking is terrible, the smell lingers, and second hand smoke is just as bad for you as th person actually smoking.
I usually cough loudly, or make comments about lung cancer, bronchitis etc when someone smoking walks past me, blowing smoke everywhere.

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #49 of 69

Quote:
Smoking in public is very different from playing music in public...
Music in public is obnoxious, but doesn't actually hurt anyone.
Smoking is terrible, the smell lingers, and second hand smoke is just as bad for you as th person actually smoking.
I usually cough loudly, or make comments about lung cancer, bronchitis etc when someone smoking walks past me, blowing smoke everywhere.

Hah nice. I actually know someone who became disabled as a result of smoking (and rested in peace eventually). 
triportsad.gif
  Smoking in public is well, a public nuisance. It's proven to affect people around you (in a bad way). 

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #50 of 69
On the topic, I haven't seen this. I've seen people talking or using cell phones during times I think is less than appropriate, but haven't seen anyone walking around blaring music with them. Guess everyone still likes the little earbuds where I am.

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #51 of 69
i can't remember the last time i saw this in Adelaide, but in Incheon South Korea, theres always someone watching DMB or music really loud in public, especially in a bus. it pisses the hell outta me but people there doesn't seem to care that much......

and I'm also amazed by how iPods aren't as popular in Korea as Australia. i barely see one, its usually Cowon, Samsung or iRiver. 

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #52 of 69
And i feel embarrassed just wondering how much my phones are leaking on the train..........but just outright playing music from the speaker?? Wow

Only once was there one of those techno guys with a laptop on the bus and he was bumping it pretty loudly and of course terrible SQ.

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #53 of 69

Quote:
i can't remember the last time i saw this in Adelaide, but in Incheon South Korea, theres always someone watching DMB or music really loud in public, especially in a bus. it pisses the hell outta me but people there doesn't seem to care that much......

and I'm also amazed by how iPods aren't as popular in Korea as Australia. i barely see one, its usually Cowon, Samsung or iRiver. 

Well obviously because South Koreans tend to buy and support products made in their own country (which is a good thing).

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #55 of 69
Public floggings all the way around.  For every transgression. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #57 of 69
Quote:

Because there are better products around than crapple

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #58 of 69
Guys there is nothing wrong with having audio standards but you need to understand most of the world could care less how something sounds. Some people including me find laptop speakers or cell phone speakers adequate for short periods of time.

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #59 of 69

Quote:
Guys there is nothing wrong with having audio standards but you need to understand most of the world could care less how something sounds. Some people including me find laptop speakers or cell phone speakers adequate for short periods of time.

And even that has its own beauty. Sort of like listening to a vintage 1930s radio and be filled with awe at what the future holds. Just imagine "audiophile" sound in such a small device as a cell phone :D

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #60 of 69

Quote:

Well music is music

But when someone is bluntly blasting, or screeching the terror of a sound from their cellphone, it's quite the annoyance.

I hate the people who talk on the speakerphone in public because they don't like to put a cell phone up to their ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back