The PENON official thread
May 8, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #2,581 of 13,622
I have the Orbit cable. I love what it does soundwise to my Rai Pentas (more clarity) but it's too heavy to use one the go. Is there a similar Penon cable with less weight?

Welcome to the Penon thread @Blanchot, auditioned the Pentas, i'd reco, the Leo +

IMG_20210410_180709.jpg

May 8, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #2,583 of 13,622
Thanks for the welcome :) The Leo+ looks interesting. It should probably be less prone to tangling than the stock Penta cable.

Yes, definitely tangle free and braided very well, so as not to unbraid loosely by itself.
Very soft, pliable, NO memory, no microphonics, fits in the case w/o any hassles...
IMG_20210508_104726.jpg

May 10, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #2,584 of 13,622
Oh my....
IMG_20210510_173601.jpg

May 10, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #2,586 of 13,622
Looks like someone gonna burn the midnight oil :relaxed:
Will patiently awaits more thoughts from you especially on the stock cable compared to the mighty Totem.
yup. that and something about each of the models, too.
i hope i can create a "special" on the Penons. a compilation of sorts, i have the entire models, even BS1 official, where i believe they started w/ their house sound...

meanwhile...

May 10, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #2,587 of 13,622
Looks like someone gonna burn the midnight oil :relaxed:
Will patiently awaits more thoughts from you especially on the stock cable compared to the mighty Totem.

For starters, the Stock cable is excellent, giving off a neutral tone, strengthening the est treble characteristics. Penon House sound from bass to mids is very much there, again neutral in tone. Smooth, natural, captivating, engaging, fluid w/o being overly analytical to delve outside with what matters most, the music.
With the Totem in place, sounds like "my eyes just received a lasik treatment!" - more clarity, more definition. The fairly large sound field, became bucolic, notes increase as well. If there's depth to the album, it will "show".

Passed w/ flying colours! my personal litmus test for grunge, voice, bass lines, layering, Chris' voice moves on a constant lateral movement, near to the listener from quiet passages moving away for the final verses of each chorus line. percussions are properly detailed here. i love the guitar riffs here, creating a proper left right wall...

May 10, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2,588 of 13,622
For starters, the Stock cable is excellent, giving off a neutral tone, strengthening the est treble characteristics. Penon House sound from bass to mids is very much there, again neutral in tone. Smooth, natural, captivating, engaging, fluid w/o being overly analytical to delve outside with what matters most, the music.
With the Totem in place, sounds like "my eyes just received a lasik treatment!" - more clarity, more definition. The fairly large sound field, became bucolic, notes increase as well. If there's depth to the album, it will "show".

Passed w/ flying colours! my personal litmus test for grunge, voice, bass lines, layering, Chris' voice moves on a constant lateral movement, near to the listener from quiet passages moving away for the final verses of each chorus line. percussions are properly detailed here. i love the guitar riffs here, creating a proper left right wall...

Are they new or used? If new, they need a TON of burn in time, particularly for the treble. I’m still hearing slight improvements each time I listen to the Volt (yes, it might be my brain.....).

May 10, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #2,589 of 13,622
Are they new or used? If new, they need a TON of burn in time, particularly for the treble. I’m still hearing slight improvements each time I listen to the Volt (yes, it might be my brain.....).
They're new. i don't believe in breaking in either, but as per @tgx78 's graph previously shared there was an audible diff. from new to after a month's use or so.
These are early days still, i might be changing tips to a less brighter pair soon. Right now, i'm using Sedna earfits...

May 11, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #2,591 of 13,622
Cheers for the quick synopsis @ehjie!
It seems like the stock cable has some sort of a spc signature whereas the Totem skewed towards more to silver though as we know it it’s a hybrid of multi precious metals. Oh… does the Totem sound fuller or have more body over stock?
Yes, It sounds fuller, bodied, richer, detailed, and that unbelievable stage depth. I made it sure, playing back select albums & tracks twice. Tha last album I played was Push the button the Chemical Brothers, est trebles are really different compared to DD & BA...

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #2,592 of 13,622
Have to leave this in loop. Have to go to work w/o it, otherwise No work will be done, Lols....
IMG_20210510_212359.jpg

May 11, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #2,593 of 13,622
Meantime, the formidable Globes on office duty...
IMG_20210511_103714.jpg

May 11, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #2,594 of 13,622
yup. that and something about each of the models, too.
i hope i can create a "special" on the Penons. a compilation of sorts, i have the entire models, even BS1 official, where i believe they started w/ their house sound...
Fantastic idea on the compilation! Looking forward to it…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back