pencil fi?
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #407 of 460
I thought the Fabber pencils were good, but alot of people on FPN hate their stuff, like Bose (if i remember correctly).

Hated for price/performance ratio, price alone, or performance alone? If you like them, and they're not overpriced (your opinion or otherwise), I wouldn't say that it's in the same league as Bose is here.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #408 of 460

Quote:
Hated for price/performance ratio, price alone, or performance alone? If you like them, and they're not overpriced (your opinion or otherwise), I wouldn't say that it's in the same league as Bose is here.

I dont know, dont get me wrong, their custom pens for each year are amazing. I love the 2007 model.

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #409 of 460
I just recently bought one of these 0.9mm Redcircle mechanical pencils which I believe is a chinese version of the Rotring 600 and they are pretty much exactly the same pencil but much cheaper, although I do not have a Rotring 600 for comparison the quality of these is very good for the price. Redcircle 600

The mechanical pencil ive used the most is probably the Pentel P207 which ive been using from elementary school to university, lost a few along the way. definitely the most reliable.

I also used a PHD for a while but i found it tended to waste lead and the lead wobbled alot at the tip.

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #410 of 460
Hey, just looking to see if anyone could tip me in one direction or the other.

I'm currently using a pentel 120 a3dx in .5mm for all my classes. It's been serving me really well but I'm getting the itch to go to a lead holder or at least a thicker lead. Is it wise for an engineering student to go thicker instead of thinner?

When I bought this pencil, I had the chance to buy a graphgear 500 but I opted for this model because of its balance and weight. The fixpencil 77 and the staedtler 925 look like they would be similar in feel to my pentel. Are there any other good neutral balance, lightweight pencils I should look into?

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #411 of 460
Apr 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #413 of 460
Anybody have any experience with different leads? Esp. in a drafting type pencil? I have a .5 GraphGear 1000 and I've just been using some standard HB stuff, but I'm curious if any of you all have a particular preference when it comes to lead type/hardness?

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #414 of 460
When I did sketching/drafting my choice depended on a few things. For example, if I knew I was going to be inking the design later or otherwise going over the lines in some way, I went with a softer lead so they were easier to remove. If I ever wanted something more permanent I skipped hart leads and went to pens.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #416 of 460
Here is a off beat video about a pencil business and art prank. I can't embed the video, but you can watch it from the link.

http://www.mnftiu.cc/2012/04/19/pencil-sharpening-tour-recap-austin-and-other-stuff/

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #417 of 460
Okay, idk if it's my lack of sleep or my desperate urge to find an excellent mechanical pencil for schematic drawing/analyzing, but I just ordered a Rotring 600, some pretty lead, and a new eraser from Jetpens.

Boy oh boy I hope I love this pencil :p Anyone else have an opinion on it for schematics/general number writing?

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #418 of 460

Quote:
Okay, idk if it's my lack of sleep or my desperate urge to find an excellent mechanical pencil for schematic drawing/analyzing, but I just ordered a Rotring 600, some pretty lead, and a new eraser from Jetpens.

Boy oh boy I hope I love this pencil :p Anyone else have an opinion on it for schematics/general number writing?

I use them for note taking, sketching, technical drawing and I love them.
I've bought my first one, because I fell in love with the design. Then I've bought an other 2 mechanical pencils, a ballpoint, and 2 fountain pens
biggrin.gif

I'm planning to get a .35 pencil too.

I hope you'll like it as well!

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #419 of 460
im going to rage if i don't buy a new mechanical pencil. i really prefer rubber grips though. that jetpens sit is killing me. alsio im going to buy like 20 of those boxy erasers. jesus christ they're good.

could i get some suggestions on a nice pen? that wont break my wallet. maybe 20 dollars?

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #420 of 460
What I have found out is that I ALWAYS lose my pens and pencils!

I had multiple Waterman and Parker pens that are all lost, they would worth about $400 in price!

So I just use very basic, cheap pens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back