pencil fi?
Nov 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #364 of 460
Anyone have experience with (or could recommend) a good pencil with <0.5mm lead? The only writing I do is equations and math this semester and I find myself wishing for something smaller than 0.5mm all the time.   

Nov 23, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #365 of 460

Quote:
Just bought my first 2.0 mm Rotring -- the Rapid Pro. Never used a 2.0 mm before ...

Wait till you have to sharpen the lead, it's kinda fun!!

Quote:
Anyone have experience with (or could recommend) a good pencil with <0.5mm lead? The only writing I do is equations and math this semester and I find myself wishing for something smaller than 0.5mm all the time.   

I have two 0.3mm pencils, a pentel graph 500 and a rotring tikky RD, both are pretty good although I haven't tried any more expensive one's.

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #366 of 460

Quote:
Quote:
Just bought my first 2.0 mm Rotring -- the Rapid Pro. Never used a 2.0 mm before ...

Wait till you have to sharpen the lead, it's kinda fun!!

Yeah! Thats true! At first I thought the little sharpener in the cap will be great to have...and it is until you have to "empty" it! Now THATS a pain in the you know what!!! 
But at least it has a sharpener! Not so common thing!
And the pencil itself feels so great to use
rolleyes.gif

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #369 of 460
Nov 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #370 of 460
I still use a 15 yo 0.5 Pentel PD345, for mechanical drawings--mostly elevation views on custom built-in office or study cabinetry etc. Might need to look into a new Pentel or better yet, actually start using my architectural software. OTOH, my creative processes are more in tune velocity-wise with hand drawing. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #371 of 460
Just ordered myself a rotring 600 like hundreds of other people in this thread! Coming all the way from Japan though - could be some time. 

Don't think anybody has discussed pencil cases in this thread - surely they are an integral part of your pencilling experience!

Any recommendations?

Hope it improves my handwriting when it arrives - mine is TERRIBLE.

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #372 of 460

Quote:
Just ordered myself a rotring 600 like hundreds of other people in this thread! Coming all the way from Japan though - could be some time. 

If it was off ebay from kaz_nakamura, shipping was actually incredibly fast. I expected it to take a couple of weeks but it came in less than one. I was really surprised.

The guy has probably made hundreds from Rotring buyers because of this thread alone though 
redface.gif

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #373 of 460

Quote:

Don't think anybody has discussed pencil cases in this thread - surely they are an integral part of your pencilling experience!

Any recommendations?

Hope it improves my handwriting when it arrives - mine is TERRIBLE.

Congrats on the Rotring 600!
It's a great pencil, I use it every day!

As for pencil cases I've just ordered 2 from ebay. One for my sister http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280585936215&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
and one for me http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280575532174&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Quote:
pomme de terre said:

If it was off ebay from kaz_nakamura, shipping was actually incredibly fast. I expected it to take a couple of weeks but it came in less than one. I was really surprised.

The guy has probably made hundreds from Rotring buyers because of this thread alone though 
redface.gif

x2
The shipping was surprisingly fast for me too!

Other stuff:
And I've also bought a Staedtler Mars 502 sharpener and 526 50 erasers...
And I'm still waiting for these 2 Rotring 600s: I hope they'll be posted early next week..

Dec 4, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #374 of 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomme de terre /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

redface.gif

My seller was hkokoro as he was the only one selling the 0.5mm in black that I could see. Paid for the 8-14 day delivery though so hopefully shouldn't be too long. May even get it for my last exam on the 13th!

It is crazy how many people have bought one if not two of them in this thread! They must be the bees knees.

Attika, that pencil case of yours is rather nice - very posh looking! Thought I might prefer something a bit more rigid though to cheap it well protected when it is getting carted around in my bag. Any idea what kind of case it is in the picture you posted?

As for the sharpener, I used to have this until it broke! Was a beast.
http://i.stationeryshopper.co.uk/798471.jpg

attika89 said:
Congrats on the Rotring 600!
It's a great pencil, I use it every day!

As for pencil cases I've just ordered 2 from ebay. One for my sister http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280585936215&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
and one for me http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280575532174&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Other stuff:
And I've also bought a Staedtler Mars 502 sharpener and 526 50 erasers...

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #375 of 460

Users who are viewing this thread

Back