Pen/Pencil Spinning
Oct 11, 2007 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

buddha911

100+ Head-Fier
So... Who can do it? Do you need help?

Share your tips and tell us if your one of those people who can do the crazy back and forth stuff.

I spent a couple hours this weekend learning the classic 'around the thumb.' Now I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 31
I can't. I is teh fail.

I see people do it and think "I wish I could do that..." but the pencil always ends up on the other side of the room when I try...

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 31
around the thumb is all I can do..I don't know how to spin the damn pen back. yes you can actually spin forward and backwards immediately, which places the pen in the exact same position you started in.

I need help

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #4 of 31
my brother is godly.

u know those videos on youtube with all those people doing those crazy pen tricks? he does that O_O

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #5 of 31
There is nothing more irritating than sitting in a business meeting and some turkey, sitting across the table, is spinning a pen continually. It is incredibly distracting.

In case I didn't get the message across, it is bloody annoying.
mad.gif

cheers
Simon

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #7 of 31
haha funny i was just talking to my friend about this today

i can do the around the thumb and the sonic normal... that's basically it

it's so hard i don't get how people do it
blink.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #8 of 31
I can spin it back and forth around my thumb. That's one of the few things that stayed with me from school.

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
around the thumb is all I can do..I don't know how to spin the damn pen back.

x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is nothing more irritating than sitting in a business meeting and some turkey, sitting across the table, is spinning a pen continually. It is incredibly distracting.

mad.gif

cheers
Simon

I'm that person.
frown.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

mad.gif

cheers
Simon

I have to agree with this. Back in university, this was very popular with the some students. It could be very annoying, trying to pay attention to the lecture while the guy next to me was twirling. It was very distracting and bugged me at times.

Oct 11, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #13 of 31
I can do the around-the-thumb, jump between fingers, and spin between two fingers continually. I've been trying to get myself to stop when I'm at the computer, but I simply can't. The moment I put down a pen I pick up cards and start cutting the deck with one hand over and over... guess I need something to keep my fingers busy.
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

I can one-up that: I'm that freakin' bugger that hand-drums on just about anything. I leg bounce too. Can't seem to concentrate without moving SOMETHING.
redface.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #15 of 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back