Pen/Pencil Spinning
Oct 11, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can one-up that: I'm that freakin' bugger that hand-drums on just about anything. I leg bounce too. Can't seem to concentrate without moving SOMETHING.
redface.gif

Oh man, the leg bounce, I can't help that one. One time I had a notebook resting on my leg with a metal spiral binding and I didn't realize it, but I was rapidly smashing it into the leg of a desk. Not realizing it was me, I turned over to my friend and told him to stop making so much noise.
redface.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can do the around-the-thumb, jump between fingers, and spin between two fingers continually.

Yeah, those are the ones I can do, too. Ahh, my middle school days spent well. In high school I got into flipping balisong knives and zippo tricks. In college I picked up poker chip tricks, but lately I haven't really been doing any of those. I do pen tricks occasionally when I'm bored, but not often.

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #18 of 31
i can just spin it one way around my thumb, also do what they call a 'sonic spin' thing, where u like do a crazy sping with pen between the middle and wedding finger.

i want to learn how to spin it backward on the thumb spin!

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can one-up that: I'm that freakin' bugger that hand-drums on just about anything. I leg bounce too. Can't seem to concentrate without moving SOMETHING.
redface.gif

I'm guilty of all three. I pen spin, hand drum on tables and make beats by tapping my feet
plainface.gif

I've always wanted to be a really good pen spinner. I spun everyday for like a couple of months but I never really got that good at it. Seems like only Koreans and Japanese are destined to excel at it
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can just spin it one way around my thumb, also do what they call a 'sonic spin' thing, where u like do a crazy sping with pen between the middle and wedding finger.

i want to learn how to spin it backward on the thumb spin!

Spinning it backwards really isn't that difficult, just look at the link I posted earlier.

Personally, I would suggest it in this order: Thumbaround (which you have down), Fingerless Thumbaround (this is going to help w/ the next trick), Backwards Fingerless Thumbaround (this will help you get the feel for the pen going backwards), and finally Backwards Thumbaround (the one you wanted to learn, it is actually more difficult than the Fingerless variation, and to help you with that, I recommended the normal Figerless to help you with the backwards one.)

Remeber to practice, it;s the only way you're going to get better.

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #22 of 31
I can do multiple of this and that. I think I did a 7 times thumbaround.

Oct 12, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #23 of 31
i feel disgusting even posting this but back in 1999 in secondary, my school king city secondary in king city ontario, canada had a pen twirling club that i presided over as i had the best moves. at that time, i could go back and forth until my hand cramped, do the weave jump through all fingers both ways, up and down and of course the magic wand swirl though not as well as back and forth.

i could do multi top of the thumb spins with light pens like bic and did back of the hand spins too. alas, all that is evidence that i was a true geek and had few friends. i was big enough to never have been shut in a locker and i skate boarded so i had the drug friends but we all fell pray to large ginos with honda civics.

at lunch, i sat spinning and playing diplomacy or if worse came to worse, risk. cheers

EDIT: i should mention that we had our picture taken in yearbook as well for the pen spinning club and... no one except the noob who did not meet the basic requirements to be a proper member came as all were too embarassed. so, the apprentice as we dubbed him and myself were the lonely onlies.

Final verdict of my stupid youth: i also started a floor sliding club where we would run down the hall and jump, slide on our chests as far as we could. all of us were ex computer programming students who were too bad at that, so we begun the pen club. the floor sliding club got the school involved sometimes. they loved us though no one could mention our name if asked. we used poster board as well sometimes for ultimate disruption as it on linoleum flooring sounded like an aircraft powered by jets was wishing through the halls.

if anyone needs anecdotal evidence however of the problems that floor sliding has on backs, i can give many unfortunate examples. cheers again

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #24 of 31
I remember back in my organic chem class I was bored to tears by the lecturer and noticed all these kids doing these funky pen tricks (no one seemed to do this at the highschool I attended) soooo instead of boring myself with balanced equations...I instead went all nuts learning some tricks! In fact, I once got a fellowship because of my pen twirling. One of the profs on the committee noticed my pen tricks, didn't know how to do them himself, was facinated by them and we began to speak. I didn't know he was on the awards committee but after chatting about my research I got the top vote over another very fine candidate. All because of some funky pen tricks.

Oct 12, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #26 of 31
I can do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6_pwuN82E

That video was shot a couple years ago. I've gotten a little bit better since then (trick vocabulary has expanded a bit) but not noticeably to the average layman.

Oct 13, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6_pwuN82E

That video was shot a couple years ago. I've gotten a little bit better since then (trick vocabulary has expanded a bit) but not noticeably to the average layman.

blink.gif
blink.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wow, truly impressive! I didn't think I could be left so amazed from something as trivial as twirling a pen, but I'm speechless!

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #30 of 31
i can do around the thumb and back, and what i found out to be called "sonics" or something like that.

Mrvil nice stuff, ive never been able to keep good flow between my moves :p

And i saw your other vids, i dont know how you can stand playing ddr on mats, let alone double >___<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back