Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
May 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,906 of 2,804
Quote:

Nib would be fine. Color black. There's only four colors I think.
All japanese nibs are finer than the western nibs. Their F is like an EF.

Yeah, there's always a risk it might get stolen, especially the good looking ones or brighter colors...be careful.

I rarely lose or misplace stuff of value. It's the whole Sitting-reading-writing-chatting cafe side while the pen is on the table. On those shifty eyes in the background 
dt880smile.png
. I suppose some folks are just looking with interest. And then others are looking... 
evil_smiley.gif
 for opportunity.

Yes, you've seen 'em before but we gonna make your night anyway. 
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #1,907 of 2,804
Quote:

I rarely lose or misplace stuff of value. It's the whole Sitting-reading-writing-chatting cafe side while the pen is on the table. On those shifty eyes in the background 
dt880smile.png
. I suppose some folks are just looking with interest. And then others are looking... 
evil_smiley.gif
 for opportunity.

Yes, you've seen 'em before but we gonna make your night anyway. 
biggrin.gif

Well, actually you made my day.
But the Falcon is always a pleasure to look at
biggrin.gif

The shifty eyes I guess are more curious than sinister. You don't see people use fountain pens anymore, a lot probably wouldn't even know what it is.
And the open nibbed pens are pretty flashy, unlike the hooded nibs.

May 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #1,908 of 2,804
Here are some of my favorite FP's:

Left to Right: Montblanc 149, Pelikan m1000, Pilot Custom 823, Platinum President, Sailor 1911 Midsize, Sailor 1911 Sterling Silver, Pilot Myu 701, Lamy 2000, Waterman 52, Pelikan m205 Demonstrator.

May 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #1,912 of 2,804
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Tsujigiri:

1) where did you get that pen case? (2) nice pen collection! (3) do you have a Nakaya pen?

1. It's this Levenger one with the dark cherry finish: http://www.levenger.com/Pens---Refills-8/Pen-Cases---Stands-92/Point-of-View-Pen-Case-961.aspx
     They used to also have some great quality leather pen cases at reasonable prices, but unfortunately it seems that they don't have those anymore.
2. Thanks!
3. Unfortunately I do not. I was considering getting an urushi lacquered pen the last time I went to Japan, but I'm a sucker for integrated fillers so I ended up with the Custom 823. Also I don't put that many scratches on my pens, so the extra durability of the urushi finish might not be worth the cost for me. They certainly are fine pens, though... Those red lacquer ones look particularly nice and distinctive.

May 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,913 of 2,804
Quote:

1. It's this Levenger one with the dark cherry finish: http://www.levenger.com/Pens---Refills-8/Pen-Cases---Stands-92/Point-of-View-Pen-Case-961.aspx
     They used to also have some great quality leather pen cases at reasonable prices, but unfortunately it seems that they don't have those anymore.
2. Thanks!
3. Unfortunately I do not. I was considering getting an urushi lacquered pen the last time I went to Japan, but I'm a sucker for integrated fillers so I ended up with the Custom 823. Also I don't put that many scratches on my pens, so the extra durability of the urushi finish might not be worth the cost for me. They certainly are fine pens, though... Those red lacquer ones look particularly nice and distinctive.

Whenever I make it to Japan, I'm bringing back pencils, pens and cases. Well, would likely limit quantity for quality and just bring back a beautiful pen; case.

May 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,914 of 2,804
As I think I mentioned to someone else before, the flea markets are well worth checking out if you ever go to Japan. Some of the sellers have large boxes full of Japanese "pocket pens" from the 80's that are in very useable condition. The last time I went, I picked up 4 Japanese pens from a flea market for 3600 yen. All of them had solid gold nibs (one had an interesting white gold nib) and worked after some cleaning.

They certainly do have a lot of great pencils that they only release on the domestic market, too.

The ones on the right are Japanese-made. Starting with the orange one: Zebra 2-tect, Pentel Sharp Kerry, Uni Shift Pipe, Uni Kuru Toga HG, Ohto Super Promecha, Staedtler REG, Rotring 600, Pilot Automac.

May 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #1,915 of 2,804
Quote:
Here are some of my favorite FP's:

Left to Right: Montblanc 149, Pelikan m1000, Pilot Custom 823, Platinum President, Sailor 1911 Midsize, Sailor 1911 Sterling Silver, Pilot Myu 701, Lamy 2000, Waterman 52, Pelikan m205 Demonstrator.

Wow..great collection. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #1,917 of 2,804
Got my Falcon Today. God its beautiful.
And the Iroshizuku is the best ink bottle I've seen.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #1,920 of 2,804
Quote:

Congrats! I have to agree with you about the Iroshizuku bottles. The only other contender I can think of is J. Herbin, and the Iroshizuku series outshines them for me.

I'm with you 
size]
on that one... simply gorgeous! Can't wait for proton007 to post - we... are... curious. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back