Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Jan 8, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #1,113 of 2,804
guys i have a question please. my picadilly circus has seen a whole lot of use. it is my daily writer for several years now. now, the nib is kind of "scratchy". do nibs where out? is that what happens(scratchy) when they do?. no worries, pelikan will replace it no charge if it is worn out. i just wanted to know before i had to be without my favorite pen for a couple weeks. maybe it just needs cleaning?

thanks,
music_man

Jan 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #1,114 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarageBoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_5035.jpg

Always wanted a murex!
I am a pilot fan -- I have a vanishing point as my daily writer, and a bamboo for the special occasions.

P.K.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #1,115 of 2,804
Quote:

Anything written on your MontBlanc's box?

Heres a few pens I have, some are no longer with me, but I still love them
IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

Holy- A Vacumatic with a full gold cap! AWESOME.

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #1,118 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroblade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy- A Vacumatic with a full gold cap! AWESOME.

Vacumatic Imperial- friend bought it at a flea market and gave it to me. I had it restored (and sadly, it had a cracked barrel)
Will love it forever
icon10.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #1,120 of 2,804
Quote:

Vacumatic Imperial- friend bought it at a flea market and gave it to me. I had it restored (and sadly, it had a cracked barrel)
Will love it forever
icon10.gif

Vac Imperials are insanely rare! Man oh man, you were incredibly lucky there!

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #1,121 of 2,804
i got a few colors of private reserve. i was kind of disappointed. they seem to be watered down some. they look much brighter on their website. then again i don't see how they painted those swatches with a fp anyhow. they are too broad. for a fine nib they just might not lay on that thick to make them so vivid. i still like it. it is just not as impressive as i thought. not too many companies have that type of color selection.
levenger is done with the wild.

music_man

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #1,123 of 2,804
Recovering from Philadelphia Pen Show and getting ready to head out to LA in two weeks. The quest for pens goes on... Finds in Philly included a Chilton Clown with nice color and a Seth Crocker Full-Filling pen (not very common).

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #1,124 of 2,804
just got my Sailor 1911m fine nib. found it really really scratchy due to me being lefty. however, i don't have this problem with my other EF pen, and Sailor is supposed to have superior ink flow. anyone know why?

if this doesn't work out, i guess i might have to let it go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back