Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Apr 21, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #331 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But I'm jealous of your "Old Manhattan Blackest Black"! I haven't even heard of that, where did you buy it from? My favorite blacks are Noodler's Black, Namiki/Pilot black ink carts (for my VP/Capless pens), Pelikan Black, and Aurora Black. But when it comes to blues and blue/blacks, Private Reserve inks are my favorites, namely American Blue and Midnight Blues.

Old Manhattan Blackest Black is an exclusive color for Fountain Pen Hospital
http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/

Apr 21, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #332 of 2,804
I have the KSC75 of pens. I bought one of these http://www.amazon.com/Ballpoint-Refi...7134824&sr=8-2
and put a Mont Blanc Black Fine BP refill in it. The Mont Blanc refill was shorter than the papermate so i made it longer by taking a jelly bean and mushing it around and put it on top of the refill and molded it to the right shape and height. Then i took some cotton from a qtip and pushed it into the jelly bean to add rigidity to it and dry it up.

I wish I had a camera.

Apr 21, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #333 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman19853 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Old Manhattan Blackest Black is an exclusive color for Fountain Pen Hospital
http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/

Yep! Thats where I bought the Safari, the ink, and the converter. Definitely a nice place to shop.
rs1smile.gif

May 18, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #334 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually considering a custom pen by a man called Lou Metcalf. He's got a lot of experience with custom pen making and his pens simply look wonderful. Most of them are one-offs or very limited and each of them is handmade and unique. Here's the website. More importantly, his pricing is VERY reasonable considering the custom nature of his pens.

For example, he makes a fountain pen out of Irish bog oak, which is an extremely rare wood that dates back to 449-563 AD, with platinum trim and a 14k gold nib. Because of the rarity of the wood, there will only be 5 of these pens. That's exclusivity, expensive materials and fine craftmanship, all of which costs a mere $350. To put it into perspective, I paid $420 for my MB 145 and it's hardly rare. Neither does the "precious resin" even start to compare to the ancient, rare oak that dons Lou's masterpiece.

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't realize that I had become a topic of conversation until I recently installed new software on my site which tells me where my visitors come from. It's nice to know that the personal touch is still appreciated. Also, just to keep you updated, I will be featured in the June-July issue of Stylus magazine as one of their "road-tested" pens. I'm adding new stuff weekly and will soon add true sandalwood pens in a VERY limited edition. Those of you who know anything about sandalwood know that it is one of the most rare woods in the world. It's import and export is tightly restricted. These pens will likely be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Again, thanks for the kind and generous words. Please feel free to contact me through my website. I will also be exhibiting at the Triangle Pen Show June 7-10, 2007.

May 18, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #335 of 2,804
Nice to have you on a headphone forum
biggrin.gif
I've come off buying pens for a while because of various other commitments, but I haven't forgotten. Look forward to doing business with you in the future
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #337 of 2,804
Nice Waterman. I'm a fan of my not-so-expensive Waterman Hemisphere as well as their inks. (Their blue-black ink is particularly nice)

I recently bought a black and rhodium Namiki/Pilot Vanishing Point, I'll have to get photos of that up soon.

Oct 21, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #339 of 2,804
I've decided to get back into pen "collecting"/buying... My trusty M600 has served me for quite a few months already and I'm ready for something new, something.... Parker. I used to have a 1st year 51 vac, 1st year 51 demi aero, waterman carene and a MB chopin, but have sold them all for headphone "stuff".

Can't decided between an early model GF Parker 51 Vacumatic or a modern Duofold International.

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #340 of 2,804
1. i read the title WAY WRONG
2. i bet this gets moved
3. i used to have a fancy pen but someone stole it

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #344 of 2,804
Here is an appropriate place to post some pictures I took for a review over at FPN.
smily_headphones1.gif

bexleydeluxeantiquecrealy8.jpg

bexleydeluxeantiquecreaik8.jpg

bexleydeluxeantiquecrealy5.jpg

bexleydeluxeantiquecreaee2.jpg

bexleydeluxeantiquecreall1.jpg

The pen is a Bexley Deluxe II Antique Cream. The end caps are woodgrain ebonite. The trim is solid 10K gold. One of the most subtly beautiful pens in my humble collection.

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #345 of 2,804
It is the Pilot G2ex. Not sold in the US unless you are lucky enough to live near a Japanese stationary store like Maido in the bay area or a Kinokuniya.

g2ex.jpg

I remove the 0.7mm that comes with the pen and replace it with a 1.0mm black refill. Once again the 1.0mm refill is not sold in the USA.

BLSG2.jpg

Those of you who have never used G2 gel ink from Pilot should know that the ones made in Japan are superior to the ones produced in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back