Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Mar 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #811 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ It's a Yaesu FT-2000 DSP transceiver

So many buttons. The user manual must be massive.

Looks like a good deal Germania. I paid more then $14 for my Esterbrook SJ in red alone. Nice little pen with a great selection of replacement nibs.

Added another one to my little collection.

Montegrappa Miya Argento

Miya.jpg

Mar 6, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #812 of 2,804
I would really like to find out which pen the Wahl-Eversharp is with the embedded gold seal. Then, be able to buy a cap and the appropriate encap for it. works wonderfully and the sac is fine.

The one I use the most often is the Waterman Taperite Crusader because it writes almost scripted, adjusting thickness with the letter and stoke. My handwriting looks so much better with this pen and the nib is incredibly smooth. Now, I am dying to try out more vintage Watermans since the older Pelikans are still a bit out of my price limit. Might get a Parker 51 just to see what the fuss is about
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #813 of 2,804
The Parker 51 is fantastic. I would take it over any of my fancy pens any day if I could only keep one.

Post good picks of the Wahl over on the Wahl Eversharp forum at FPN and I am sure someone can fill in the blanks for you.

Mar 6, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #814 of 2,804
Well I order a nice Italian at the office today and find another Italian waiting for me when I get home. I love it when a plan comes together.
tongue.gif

Monte.jpg

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #815 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So many buttons. The user manual must be massive.

Looks like a good deal Germania. I paid more then $14 for my Esterbrook SJ in red alone. Nice little pen with a great selection of replacement nibs.

Added another one to my little collection.

Montegrappa Miya Argento

Miya.jpg

^^^ Yes quite a few buttons, instruction manual is on CD's, it is also connected to computer via USB for control and updates via web with manufacturer's site from time to time for updates. Took me two and a half months to learn all the functions and menus.

Nice pen!

popcorn.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #816 of 2,804
Went to the Mall today to visit the Apple Store and found we have a decent Pen store in the mall that I had no idea about. Paradise Pens is having a big sale so I picked up a couple more.

S.T. Dupont Olympio Guilloche

Dupont.jpg

Lamy Vista

Vista.jpg

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #817 of 2,804
darthsmile.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went to the Mall today to visit the Apple Store and found we have a decent Pen store in the mall that I had no idea about. Paradise Pens is having a big sale so I picked up a couple more.

S.T. Dupont Olympio Guilloche

Dupont.jpg

Lamy Vista

Vista.jpg

^^^ Nice pens, I also have a Lamy Vista demonstrator.

darthsmile.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #819 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So whats the Grado SR60 of fountain pens?

Lamy Safari (of which the Vista above is a variant). Many, many colors to choose from and almost as many nib choices. Get a converter at the same time (there's a specific model for the Safari) so that you can use bottled ink. To me, trying the different inks and finding the ones you like is as much fun as using fountain pens in the first place. Just right next to me sits a box of 15 different inks and that doesn't even count those I keep in the office, those on loan, and a few different kinds of cartridges.

Pen fixing-up is a pretty specific skill but you might be best looking at Parker 51s. They're numerous, can be had pretty cheaply, and you should be able to find repair guides on the internet.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #820 of 2,804
To me Grado SR-60 = Lamy low end models like the vista above. Much cheaper than the other pens on this page ($30) but does many things just as well. Kind of like the SR-60, which still resides in my collection after 11 years of ownership. Right alongside the HP-2, Omega II, K-340, R10 and balanced HD-600s.
icon10.gif

Cheap fixer-upper can run the gamut. Maybe an Esterbrook as nibs are plentiful and their finish seems to stand up.

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #822 of 2,804
a few pics of my small collection..

bugandpens059small.jpg
bugandpens060small.jpg

bugandpens071small.jpg

left to right- Lamy Safari, Parker 51 Vac, Same, Pelikan M250, Pelikan 140, Pelikan M800, Montblanc Meisterstück 146, Namiki Vanishing Point Raden

bugandpens081small2.jpg

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #824 of 2,804
Amber, though it does look a bit yellowish in the second pic. It's a joy to write with, medium 14k nib and currently filled with Aurora black.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #825 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amber, though it does look a bit yellowish in the second pic. It's a joy to write with, medium 14k nib and currently filled with Aurora black.
smily_headphones1.gif

Exactly the same as mine except I've got it filled with Waterman Havana Brown.

I use Aurora Black in the office, another great ink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back