Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Feb 3, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #271 of 2,804
If you want to try a less expensive fountain pen that acutally writes very nicely, give the Levenger True Writer a chance.

AP12000_0406

Feb 3, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #273 of 2,804
I love Noodler's Red-Black as well.

If you want to try out an ink without committing to a bottle, you can get 4 sample colors in small bottles for under $3 shipped from Pear Tree Pens
http://www.peartreepens.com/

Feb 3, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #274 of 2,804
*NEW UPDATE*

After going to the Mont Blanc boutique at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA, I was relieved, and excited that the pen is indeed genuine. The sales associate pointed out the "Pix" trademark, which was branded under the clip as the indicator of authenticity. He explained that there are very good fakes, even with the serial number and Germany stamp on the clip ring, but the impostors never have the trademark. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the nib exchange without paying $250, because I thought the Medium nib was too thick. However, after showing me how to fill it, I did some sample writing with it, and it wasn't too thick. I also visited the art store that I usually went to when I was working on my undergraduate degree, and discovered they had a nice collection of fine pens, including Mont Blanc, Waterman, Conway Stewart, Pilot/Namiki, and others. I walked out with a bottle of Aurora Black. The Aurora Blue looked really nice as well. So now I'm home, writing away and enjoying the smooth play of the nib on my legal pads and Moleskines. In the future, I'm hoping to try out some of the cotton paper by Crane and G. Lalo, and possibly try one of Miquelrius' notebooks.

Feb 3, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #276 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New update...

So I received my Mont Blanc in the mail today, though before I saw the pen, the packing was suspiciously dubious. The box was made from a cardboard beer packaging (because "Corona Extra" was readable on it), and the stuffing was some sunday mailers from a supermarkets. But lo and behold, there it was, the Mont Blanc outer box, and in it, the promised items from the auction were inside. I thought the Meisterstuck 146 was smaller than I imagined, which is good since I didn't want something too big to carry around in my shirt pocket (though I will be as careful if I do). Because I'm waiting for the Noodler's Black to come in the mail, I probably won't put ink in it, unless I find a place that sells ink by the bottle. I will however, take it to the closest Mont Blanc boutique to have it inspected and hopefully, validate it's authenticity. Maybe they'll let me exchange it for a different nib if I want (though it's probably going to be a problem since the warranty card isn't stamped), which would be nice, but not necessary. Plus, I've never been in a Mont Blanc boutique, so it is double excitement for me
icon10.gif
(especially if I'll admit to them how much I actually spent on it).

I'll post pictures once I get it filled with ink...

Just because it didn't come packaged in discareded Rolex boxes doesn't mean anything.
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #277 of 2,804
The pens just keep on coming
tongue.gif
My newest acquisition
cool.gif

Date of manufacture: 1948 Q4
Model: Parker "51" Demi
Filling System: Aerometric
Nib: 14k Gold, iridium tip, fine
Cap: 1st Inscription- PARKER, 2nd Inscription- MADE IN U.S.A. [next line] 1/10 12K GOLD FILLED, pearlescent cap jewel, 5-line converging pattern
Barrel: Inscription- MADE IN U.S.A. 8 [no dot(s)], Navy Grey
Length: 12.9cm (capped), 11.9cm (uncapped), 14.2cm (posted)

posted0xp9.jpg

posted1xg9.jpg

posted2jh7.jpg

posted3ww8.jpg

posted4eq1.jpg

posted5kh5.jpg

posted6la3.jpg

posted7nc5.jpg

posted8ot9.jpg

posted9bs2.jpg

posted10hv4.jpg

posted11pm7.jpg

posted12dv0.jpg

[size=xx-small]Note: Pictures have a slight blueish/greyish hue to them, maybe due to the fluorescent light I'm using. As a result, colour of the pen looks more teal blue than navy grey. The colour of the pen in real life is predominantly grey with a very subtle blue tone to it. Red/orangeish streaks may be seen in some of the pictures because I used a halogen lamp as supplement light for some of the pictures. Someone please tell me how I can take good pictures!!! I think my last batch of pictures on page 12 came out much nicer because I used a halogen lamp instead of a fluorescent.[/size]

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #280 of 2,804
Ok time to spill the beans:

Waterman Blue/Black
Private Reserve Sonic Blue
A Parker 21 that I am restoring
Conway Stewart Case with ?? inside...
img_1885.jpg

Peeking Out:
img_1886.jpg

Tops off:
img_1888.jpg

21 on top,
51 on bottom
img_1887.jpg

Nibs
img_1889.jpg

Better, closer pics soon. I also have two more 21's coming in that I'm probably going to restore, then resell. Who knows?

Feb 10, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #283 of 2,804
Nice Parkers jbloudg20! I have never used a 21... what is the difference between a 51 and a 21 apart from size? Your P51 is vacumatic right? How is the bladder?
tongue.gif
Have you had to replace it yet?

Feb 10, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #285 of 2,804
Because I'm too lazy to look through 15 pages of a thread, I thought I'd post this. (Feel free to yell at me if it's a repost.)

With a little work (i.e., shaving off the end), the Mont Blanc rollerball refills fit into the G2 pens. Costs about $18 for two pens (plus two normal G2s, too) and writes beautifully. I can't say that I'd spend $200 on a pen, but then again, if I'm willing to spend that on headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back