Peachtree - Anyone using Peachtree for headphone DAC/Amp LCD-2
Mar 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tjf120

New Head-Fier
Anyone using Peachtree for a headphone amp/DAC?

I have a pair of LCD-2s enroute.

I was looking at amps/DACs, for ~$1 k, the iDecco/iNova look interesting.  Amp/pre-amp/tube hybrid/headphone.  I haven't seen any reviews of this forum on them though.  Is there a link somewhere?  Any thoughts from Peachtree owners?

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 7
I have a Decco2 and I'm currently waiting on my LCD-2's also.  (They're actually at home while I'm on a business trip.)  If I can break away from the music a bit when I get back, I'll post here. 
cool.gif

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 7
Got the LCD-2's all hooked up and have been listening for a bit. 

First impression is that the Decco2's headphone stage is good with the Audezes but I actually prefer the sonic signature of my KICAS with them.  They seem a bit more lively and just a tad smoother. 

More impressions to come. 

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 7
I have the Peachtree Nova and Beyerdynamic 880's that I think sound great. I can't imagine your headphones will sound much different (actually I don't think they'll sound any different) through the iDecca or iNova than they do through any other well made amp.  

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 7
Peachtree iDac owner here. Just got it, and so far sounding great going through a GS-1 with ATH-W11R and HD 650. The iDac doesn't include an amp, but I already have a few of those and the Nova and Decco2 were just too big for my desk. I'm still playing around with the settings but certainly like what I hear so far.

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm using the iDecco with my LCD2's. It's a good headphone amp, but I just got a Schiit Lyr about a week ago. I'm using the iDecco to extract the pure digital from my ipod and running the pre-amp out into my Schiit Lyr. The difference is day and night. I feel like I had a Porsche and I've taken it on the highway for the first time. I had to crank my iDecco to about 75% to get any really juice flowing to my LCD2's. Now with the Lyr in the equation there is a surplus of juice. I am a firm believer that you should never have to CRANK an amp all the way up to drive your speakers (or in this case your headphones). The Lyr was designed for phones like the LCD2's and you can really hear the difference. I also tried my Grado RS1's with the Lyr and it also behaved much better than on the iDecco alone. It's being  able to keep the volume knob at around 40-50% and having all that extra space. Now you are truly operating on CLEAN power because the units not being pushed to the limit.

I am happy with this setup because the iDecco's DAC and pure digital out is still well worth the investment even if I'm not using it as an amp. (but i do use it as an amp for me Tannoy speakers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back