PCStep Appreciation, Impressions and Comparisons thread.
Apr 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #61 of 86
Well I kind of looked into this and what is needed is linear regulated ac(your mains voltage) to 15v DC power supply with the appropriate connector. But be warned as I found from a big manufacturer of power supplies (not expensive ones) who advertised a supply with switchable output voltage as a 'linear regulated' it had a switch mode circuit for the different voltages (not ideal and actually a bit of conflict in terms with 'linear regulated') so one with a fixed 15v DC out is probably better to look out for. Maybe drop Jan an email?

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #62 of 86
Better take the XP 8000. Then you have a perfect clean power source. And with the willy cable you can even run 15 volt. This works globally as the power supply of the XP 8000 runs from 110 to 240 volt outlets. You just need your region specific power cord.

May 15, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #64 of 86
Does anybody know if DAC of PCSTEP supports Android, especially Nexus 7?

May 15, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #66 of 86
Thanks, may be I`ll wait a while until there is better implementation though..

May 15, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #68 of 86
Thanks for info, I have HTC One X and going to upgrade to One when price will be more realistic :)

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #69 of 86
I found myself not really using the PCstep at home much since I moved my O2 to my bedside rig, but I brought the PCStep to work and its perfect for what I need! It small, compact, works fine from the front USB ports on my work comp. Kinda wish I got black now so It matched my computer area!

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #70 of 86
Yup, the black is pretty sharp-lookin' in my estimation :wink:. Glad to hear you're still enjoying it!!

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #71 of 86
Dear Headfellows,

there are amplifiers that do not get the exposure that, in my opinion, they do deserve. The PCSTEP is such an amp. Sonically it really is a very nice and nifty device.

To promote this amp a little bit more I've given it a considerable price reduction that is valid only during the month of June. It's well worth a consideration!

:)

Jan

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #72 of 86
Yeah I agree. The PCSTEP is a very convenient solution for office use due to its small footprint, onboard dac and usb power supply. I'm using it with a beyerdynamic DT1350 which is a portable headphone, but the PCSTEP easily powers a DT990 adequately, and they both sound great with it. Highly recommended!

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #75 of 86
Switched to the PCSTEP in my portable setup (which sees a lot of use) for a couple of weeks. I'd been using the Leckerton UHA-6S before that. Overall, I found the PCSTEP to have a bit smoother, more organic sound, with perhaps a bit more bass with a bit of bass bloom. I still believe the PCSTEP is one of the best-kept secrets on Head-Fi, and is good enough to be a desktop amp in a lot of setups. Don't know why more people haven't found this yet!

Most of my recent listening was with either the Beyerdynamic T51p or T51i, with occasional use with the Aurisonics ASG-2 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back