PCB panellization program
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cobaltmute

Headphoneus Supremus
Anybody have anything that puts more than one PCB design on a panel?

I've seen a freeware program that appears to work with Eagle, but I'm not using Eagle and it barfs on my Gerbers. I've got 4 or 5 things I want to send out to production and would like them on 2oz copper. I can fit them all on one panel, if I could get them on one.

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 9
I tried that and it works for Eagle only. Blows up on some of the objects in my Gerber files
frown.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 9
I've done this natively in Diptrace for simple two or three designs and I've used a commercial product from Pentalogix for larger layouts. I know ViewMate is free, but I'm not sure it offers what you need, but it very well could. I always load up my designs in ViewMate before sending them to the fab, it's a good habit to get into.

Gold Phoenix will not do multiproject layouts for you. You need to do them yourself. If you're looking at getting a single design step and repeated, they will indeed do this for you.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 9
Olimex does multiple board designs, or multiple of the same, and panelizes them for you. You will have to do a layout drawing in a graphics program to show them how you want them laid out on their board size. This works quite well when you need a few (1-2) qtys of different designs.

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used a commercial product from Pentalogix for larger layouts.

Which product did you use? I'm willing to spend a little money now so I can do this again.

I used to use Viewmate, but switched to GC-Prevue. I always load and verify my boards before I go to production on them. I did check Viewmate and it didn't have Gerber out so it didn't help me.

Olimex will be expensive for what I want to do as I need their larger panel size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back