PCB for PCM2902 (digital out)
Feb 25, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #91 of 147
I've sent my pcb to the hell of the forgotten designs btw. I am currently working on a modular dac. A section for coax, optical and usb input, a section for the dac itself and a section for the I/V. I hope to fit each section in 1/3 of an eurocard (50/103mm). I've only finished the usb input though
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #93 of 147
Don't want to hijack this thread, i'll continue in another. To answer : no direct USB to I2S, but USB-SPDIF-isolation transformer-SPDIF receiver-I2S. I want a way to completly isolate the pc from the dac itself and it's not practical with I2S.

Feb 25, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #95 of 147
>>Glasman

I got it from JWB over at diy its in the cheap cs4122 thread should you want/need it.

>> everyone else

This baby is 35x43mm and after one final check when I have got some sleep I will send it of to production.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #98 of 147
Hi
too many crossed project here... what a shame!
Very interesseted but very difficult for me (I'm not fluent in English) to follow this thread.
Is it possible to make ONE modular project (unpopulated) or a full project and many simple ?
An make a summary/status on the first page.
Thnks for these great contributions, nice project at all.
3000smile.gif

Feb 27, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #99 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by halman
It wouln't make my board any smaller if I removed it so it might aswell stay. You are right however.

I am fairly new to this - but why would you bother adding regulation for parts of the chip that arent in use? Whether it adds to board size or not all it does is add more parts to go wrong that dont actually do anything in the first place.

Rob.

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #101 of 147
Just to keep this rolling
wink.gif

We've passed the revision deadline. Any thought on kits? My sense would be that since parts are easily sourcable from digikey and cost just enough to not incur the handling charge, that at least for those of us in the States we not bother with kits. It doesn't really save anyone any money (save for resistors coming in set of 10 in some cases) and just requires a great deal of sorting on sombody's part.

-d

Mar 4, 2005 at 1:17 PM Post #102 of 147
I'm still happy to order boards; assuming Halman hasn't gone ahead with his; if he has; well his are fine
smily_headphones1.gif
More orders, the cheaper it is
smily_headphones1.gif

Please could you PM me; or email me regards if you want one (pending Halman of course)

g

PS; what's the consensus on the regulator? The boards not really going to be any smaller without it, and I'm not entirely sure how it will affect the overall operation (could even squeeze some analog pads in possibly)

Mar 4, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #103 of 147
I did go ahead with mine, but I only ordered a few sets of boards, with different line drivers. (one pair of each actually) I will have them in a few weeks time or so. It will be fun to se wich will work best..if there will be a noticable difference at all ,)

The board was made to cater to my own personal needs (BNC connector /galvanic isolation) So i.e it is less universal and thus less suitable for a group buy effort.

Mar 8, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #104 of 147
Is anybody working on a reference-quality usb/spdif pcb? Something along the lines of the modded M-Audio Transit over at Empirical Audio, that will rival mega-buck dedicated transports.

I still may pick up a few of these (especially after reading dsavitsk's glowing review of Guzzler's last project), but I'd be interested in a more 'no holds barred' version.

Mar 8, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #105 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke68
Is anybody working on a reference-quality usb/spdif pcb? Something along the lines of the modded M-Audio Transit over at Empirical Audio, that will rival mega-buck dedicated transports.

I still may pick up a few of these (especially after reading dsavitsk's glowing review of Guzzler's last project), but I'd be interested in a more 'no holds barred' version.

Same here, I would like to build a high end usb dac!
600smile.gif

edit: woops, you say usb>spdif, I'm after usb>analog!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back