PC USB Headpone amp/dac for poor person with a laptop and old Senn headphones
Apr 26, 2014 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

k21000

New Head-Fier
Due to my dwindling funds over the years, I could not afford to fix my headphones and amp which slowly stopped working over time. I eventually threw them all in a cupboard and forgot about them.

I recently pulled them out and want to start enjoying them again. I have found the problems and most can be resolved.

I have a WELL used pair of Senn HD 580's with the ear cushions and head cushion falling apart! They still work fine, but the cost of the new ear cushions seem too expensive for what the headphones are worth now, so I have improvised with home made materials! I also have pair of Senn HD650's which just needed a new cable. Not cheap, but working now.

The main problem is the amp. I have an iBasso D2+Boa USB DAC which slowly stopped working. It is at least 2 years out of warranty. I contacted iBasso and they said they would look at it, but I have to send the amp to China! Will I ever get it back?

I don't know whether it's worth just buying another modern USB DAC as my headphones are working fine. I am currently using my headphones on the laptop output which is horrible. Should I just sell everything on Ebay and save up for newer, better equipment?

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #6 of 6
  Thanks Presata!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back