PC soundcard recommendations (< 150$)
May 26, 2012 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Xenomorph

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Can anyone please tell me which would be the most suitable PC soundcard for at most 150$ ? It's not that important to me to have a 5.1/7.1 output (2.1 is fine). What i want from it is to output the best sound in its price range, i'll use it mainly for music listening. Any other features are not very relevant, i'm looking first and foremost for sound quality. Currently i have an on-board Realtek HD Audio chip but i'm pretty sure there are better alternatives for <150$, that's why i'm asking you for some recommendations.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

May 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hello,

Can anyone please tell me which would be the most suitable PC sound card for at most 150$ ? It's not that important to me to have a 5.1/7.1 output (2.1 is fine). What i want from it is to output the best sound in its price range, I'll use it mainly for music listening. Any other features are not very relevant, I'm looking first and foremost for sound quality. Currently i have an on-board Realtek HD Audio chip but i'm pretty sure there are better alternatives for <150$, that's why I'm asking you for some recommendations.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

If all your doing is speakers, the Asus Xonar DX or D1 would be a good value, used ones go for around $55.
But the DX & D1 are not that good at driving headphones, but you can always add just about any external headphone amplifier you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back