PC not recognizing DAC connection
Sep 5, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #16 of 21
On the PC where it's not working, is that Intel based? When you reinstalled the drivers, did you use the manufacturer drivers, let Windows install them automatically, or something else?

Sep 5, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #17 of 21
On the PC where it's not working, is that Intel based? When you reinstalled the drivers, did you use the manufacturer drivers, let Windows install them automatically, or something else?
It stopped working prior to me installing any updates. I first tried the windows updates. I also use a 3rd party software called Driver Booster 9 to keep my drivers up to date.

Sep 5, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #18 of 21
Driver Booster 9 to keep my drivers up to date.
These driver finders do more harm than good. I've never seen one that didn't break something or silently install other "support" apps.

If I were you, I would image the drive and do a clean install of Windows 10 x64. For Intel drivers, use the Intel Driver Support Utility.

Sep 5, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #19 of 21
These driver finders do more harm than good. I've never seen one that didn't break something or silently install other "support" apps.

If I were you, I would image the drive and do a clean install of Windows 10 x64. For Intel drivers, use the Intel Driver Support Utility.
I ll do a clean install as a last resort. Thanks for the help

Sep 6, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #20 of 21
It worked when I connected it to another PC.
The logical conclusion would then be that there's nothing wrong with the DAC, but with your PC. Different USB ports on the same PC may not mean anything, because they could all be connected to the same area or daughter board on the motherboard. I've had this happen to me. An expansion card for USB 3 worked in my PC, while every other USB port (USB 2) failed. My particular motherboard used a USB daughter board for all the USB ports that originally came on the PC, including the ports in the PC case. They were all connected to plugs on that same USB daughter board. The expansion card I purchased for USB 3 was connected into the motherboard expansion board buss, so those ports still worked.

Edit: It could also be that your iFi device pulls too much current for the existing USB buss on your PC. If you have other devices connected that are drawing current, it may cause localized failures with other USB connections as that current draw increases.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #21 of 21
Sorry for the late reply. I just had a similar situation with my Element II. It worked and was recognized on my PC, but plugging it into my wife’s was met with not showing up, on either of her PCs. Out of three desktops, one worked. Headphones worked on it, but my speakers didn’t.

Two weeks later a channel died. So it partially died, before it even more died. Called them up, they set up a RMA (out of warranty no less) received it on a Friday and sent it back to me same day. I got it back this week, and the channel works. I haven’t been able to fully test it yet, or try other PCs, but it is possible that yours could be going bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back