PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jun 16, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #2,041 of 9,120
Quote:
Depending on location you would possible be better served buying them off ebay usa. The things ain't light to post from the UK. Model number PFC1212DE.

I also have a pair of 25mm 120mm fans, AFB1212 variant, iirc.

Yeah, and then there's the matter of exchange rate...curse you, weak USD!

I've seen prices on those fans range from $35 to $55...not cheap at all, but that's quality product for you. Here's a lot of four for about $140 shipped. I can only imagine how those might perform on a Black Ice GTX 480mm, a high-FPI radiator specifically designed for fast, high-pressure fans like those...

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #2,042 of 9,120
My goodness, PPSSPP made phenomenal progress in the past two months. This custom build someone made has fully working audio, fully working FMVs, and most of the graphics are looking just as they should.

Crisis Core is like 99% perfect. I've only encountered a few bugs, mostly just on the shadows.

Birth By Sleep is like 80% correct. It's completely playable, it's just sometimes scenery elements will drop out (as seen in the last screen) or blur filters will act really screwy.

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #2,043 of 9,120
My goodness, PPSSPP made phenomenal progress in the past two months. This custom build someone made has fully working audio, fully working FMVs, and most of the graphics are looking just as they should.

Crisis Core is like 99% perfect. I've only encountered a few bugs, mostly just on the shadows.

Birth By Sleep is like 80% correct. It's completely playable, it's just sometimes scenery elements will drop out (as seen in the last screen) or blur filters will act really screwy.

*Drooling*

Jun 16, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #2,044 of 9,120
Quote:
Yeah, and then there's the matter of exchange rate...curse you, weak USD!

I've seen prices on those fans range from $35 to $55...not cheap at all, but that's quality product for you. Here's a lot of four for about $140 shipped. I can only imagine how those might perform on a Black Ice GTX 480mm, a high-FPI radiator specifically designed for fast, high-pressure fans like those...

Of course, using with 4 of them on full blast, you're going to need to spend another few hundred for your CIEMs so you can hear what you're playing. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2,045 of 9,120
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/16/how-amds-hardware-in-next-gen-consoles-will-affect-pc-gamers/

Very interesting article about how everything 'that' has happened to AMD in which they lost lots of money to get to where they are now was ALL meant to be for this very moment. When they would control the entire market.

Games and their performance on parts have been largely if not entirely dictated by the consoles. Powerpc parts and what not. But with the new consoles being not only x86 AND with weak but very numerous(8) cores. This means that dev's will now focus their games to be built well for the CPU that has weak but very numerous cores. (I'm expecting in 2 years from now). Which will HEAVILY benefit AMD APU's, and AMD FX CPU's. This will allow AMD's cheaper, lesser efficent but more numerous cored CPU's to get an upper hand on the Intel ones.

AMD has also stepped up their game this generation by sponsoring games like BF4 to be even more optomized for AMD APU' and what not. Obviously the term optomized doesn't mean that the intel platform is left out. Optomized for APU's is all that it really means.

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #2,046 of 9,120
Quote:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/16/how-amds-hardware-in-next-gen-consoles-will-affect-pc-gamers/

Very interesting article about how everything 'that' has happened to AMD in which they lost lots of money to get to where they are now was ALL meant to be for this very moment. When they would control the entire market.

Games and their performance on parts have been largely if not entirely dictated by the consoles. Powerpc parts and what not. But with the new consoles being not only x86 AND with weak but very numerous(8) cores. This means that dev's will now focus their games to be built well for the CPU that has weak but very numerous cores. (I'm expecting in 2 years from now). Which will HEAVILY benefit AMD APU's, and AMD FX CPU's. This will allow AMD's cheaper, lesser efficent but more numerous cored CPU's to get an upper hand on the Intel ones.

AMD has also stepped up their game this generation by sponsoring games like BF4 to be even more optomized for AMD APU' and what not. Obviously the term optomized doesn't mean that the intel platform is left out. Optomized for APU's is all that it really means.

Optimisation can only go so far. If intel can still compete with AMD in the gaming CPU market(discrete GPUs) through brute force and a more elegant design AMD are just as stuffed as they have been for the last few years. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #2,047 of 9,120
Quote:
Optimisation can only go so far. If intel can still compete with AMD in the gaming CPU market(discrete GPUs) through brute force and a more elegant design AMD are just as stuffed as they have been for the last few years. 

Optomization went as far as to allow the Xbox 360 which uses a GPU that isn't even a Radeon HD (X1900) to play Crysis 3 and what not on. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #2,048 of 9,120
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Optomization went as far as to allow the Xbox 360 which uses a GPU that isn't even a Radeon HD (X1900) to play Crysis 3 and what not on. 

I think the lower FPS, lower rendering resolution, lower FoV, and increased motion blur has more to do with it, rather than optimisation. Then again, those things are arguably part of the optimisation.

Still, with all that being said, it's respectable how well the Xbox 360 has kept up with PC's (I mean that loosely).

Jun 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #2,049 of 9,120
Quote:

I think the lower FPS, lower rendering resolution, lower FoV, and increased motion blur has more to do with it, rather than optimisation. Then again, those things are arguably part of the optimisation.

Still, with all that being said, it's respectable how well the Xbox 360 has kept up with PC's (I mean that loosely).

PC Master Race:
The Xbox 360 only kept up because it maimed the PC. It was the one that due to its optomization itself and schitty ports to PC made it so good

Console sympathizer:
The Xbox 360 uses a card that predates Radeon HD. It uses a CPU that uses in order executions and is slower than an Athlon. Yet, due to optomization of only being able to use what they have. They are able to (even maimed) produce games that can make games look good still.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #2,050 of 9,120
Quote:
Of course, using with 4 of them on full blast, you're going to need to spend another few hundred for your CIEMs so you can hear what you're playing. 
biggrin.gif

Yeah...as it stands, installing the liquid-cooling loop has increased the noise significantly, and it's not because of the fans. (Too bad the MCP655-B has no speed adjustment.) And while Stax Lambdas are known for many things, isolation is NOT one of them...the added noise is already quite noticeable.

I'm still trying to identify just what the heck this particular radiator model is...but it bears a dead-ringer resemblance to the Black Ice GTX 360. I cannot say for certain without having a brand new one next to it, but even with all the dents, scuffs, and bent fins that I had to straighten out, I'd still be highly surprised at getting a $120 radiator as part of a $90 package that also included an MCP655-B (a D5 variant that sells for no less than $70 new), a 5.25" bay res, and 1/2" ID barbs on everything. Just seems like too much of a steal, you know?

Still, it all works, no leaks or anything...

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2,052 of 9,120
Quote:
PC Master Race:
The Xbox 360 only kept up because it maimed the PC. It was the one that due to its optomization itself and schitty ports to PC made it so good

Console sympathizer:
The Xbox 360 uses a card that predates Radeon HD. It uses a CPU that uses in order executions and is slower than an Athlon. Yet, due to optomization of only being able to use what they have. They are able to (even maimed) produce games that can make games look good still.

Xbox 360 has not kept up at all? Do you have a low speced computer?
Compare Crysis or Crysis warhead on max and compare to Crysis 2 you may be surprised that it hasn´t made allt hat much progress. I haven´t gotten to play Crysis 3 yet but I don´t expect it to be such a step Crysis was that truly pushed modern hardware at the time.

You may find the visuals good enough to enjoy but that is another thing :)
Console gamers do attract those that are not that hardcore and is satisfied with just games so it´s not that strange that some may feel Xbox 360/PS3 cut it still. I played Tomb Raider recently on PS 3 and it surely works.
Not to say it´s close to what my not brand spanking new core 2 duo, GTX 580 achieves it´s far far off but compares well to say Uncharted :)

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,053 of 9,120
Just received my G.Skill Class 10, 32 GB Micro SDHC.

And so I took out a benchmark tool and did some tetsts

And I gotta say that this thing performs as rated. 

Sequential read and write performed at 1.5 to 2X the Class 10 rating getting between 16 to 19MB/s. 

512KB file size also did well getting 15-19MB/s

And as expected. Uber small file sizes of 4KB(average mp3 is 4,000 KB) did not do well(typical) which was expected of this.

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #2,055 of 9,120
FACEPALMING SO HARD

bUILT MY cousin a computer.

She keeps having problems playing games.

So I Team View and video and voice chat with her.

AND GUESS what she is doing?

Plugging her video cable into the mobo and not the GPU. 

RAGGEEEEE.

I feel your pain.

This is why I warn friends and family before I build them a custom PC that I will not be their personal tech support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back