PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #1,217 of 9,120
Quote:
As you guys have shown that your Athlon 64's and Core 2 Duo's (I'm over exaggerating) are working fine with your 660 Ti's. I more or less will just keep my CPU then.

I'll wait for my new batch of RAM to show up and see if my mobo is beyond saving or if it's my fricking RAM. 

I never asked before, but what's your setup?~
Ram, HDD, SSD, CPU, you know what i mean.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #1,218 of 9,120
Quote:
I never asked before, but what's your setup?~
Ram, HDD, SSD, CPU, you know what i mean.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 125W C3 Revision 3.4GHz Stock. (Early 2010 World Champion for highest OC)
RAM: 8GB (2X 4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3. (Didn't need Samsung wonder RAM, needed looks, and won't overclock)
Mobo: ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 (Very popular AM3 motherboard) 790GX Dragon Gaming Chipset, 8+1 Phase Power
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular (80 Plus w/ 125mm Silent Fan)
GPU: HIS ATi 5770 (very good OC capabilities without any special modifications, low power draw(15W idle) and low heat)
HDD: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB
DVD: Lite on Blu Ray and DVD
Cooling: Corsair H50 AIO Liquid
Case: NZXT Nemesis Elite (Won an NZXT contest with it)

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #1,221 of 9,120
On the subject of AMD versus Nvidia, I had always liked AMD/ATI cards because they were typically lower in power consumption and heat output on their mid range cards, and that was a big deal for me since my case was (and still is) poor at circulating air. I think that's kind of changed recently, and now Nvidia has the edge. Or, at least, the 650Ti I got has the edge compared to the AMD counterpart in it's price range (it's also not as powerful, though).

As far as drivers go, I never really had any big issues with AMD drivers. There was a point where I'd have problems because I didn't have the right (early) .net Framework installed, but I think that was more of an issue with Windows XP. I do like that Nvidia's drivers much lighter-weight, and that translates into my computer coming to a complete boot-up about 20 seconds faster. Also, the in-built custom resolution tool is very handy, and makes doing supersampling on Nvidia much easier.

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #1,222 of 9,120
Moar screens. This time modded Skyrim.

They look kind of crappy when viewed in full size, but I imagine they will look good in image viewer mode here.

Naturally, it looks waaaaaaaay better in motion.

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #1,223 of 9,120
Did you guys see that Skyrim is getting patch 1.9? (which is in beta now)

It adds two really neat features: A higher difficulty, and the ability to reset skills, thus removing the level cap.

New difficulty is pretty brutal so far. There have been enemies that one-hit me, and I'm only a couple hours in, so I certainly don't expect it to get any easier!

EDIT: Also, more screens.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #1,224 of 9,120
In general, AMD/ATI often has better price/performance solutions than that of nVidia. However, in case of AMD/ATI, you have to live in together with drivers' bug/fixes of Catalyst than with nVidia Forceware. Moreover, recently, AMD/ATI 7xxx series show a better ability of overclocking and less power consumption than nVidia (same products range). The debate between the two producers will last forever and ever, I think so.

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #1,226 of 9,120
Tried to play Skyrim. Completely broken. Gets as far as loading the skryim logo, but CTDs before the menu loads. This is even after a fresh install, steam verification and all mods off. Damn it Bethesda, why can't you bug check your games!

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #1,227 of 9,120
Quote:
Tried to play Skyrim. Completely broken. Gets as far as loading the skryim logo, but CTDs before the menu loads. This is even after a fresh install, steam verification and all mods off. Damn it Bethesda, why can't you bug check your games!

Makes me iffy to buy it for spring break. My illegal version of DmC and illegal vergil's downfall won't work properly. Maybe I'll just finish witcher 2 over break. But ehh I can't get back into rpgs after I quit for a little bit, if I did get back into witcher 2 I'd probably have to start from the beginning and I cbf. I don't even know what to play. I started arkham city but that didn't really catch my interest. Bah. Why I have my rig if I can't find any games I want to play ToT. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,228 of 9,120
Quote:

Makes me iffy to buy it for spring break. My illegal version of DmC and illegal vergil's downfall won't work properly. Maybe I'll just finish witcher 2 over break. But ehh I can't get back into rpgs after I quit for a little bit, if I did get back into witcher 2 I'd probably have to start from the beginning and I cbf. I don't even know what to play. I started arkham city but that didn't really catch my interest. Bah. Why I have my rig if I can't find any games I want to play ToT. 

Just play something brainless and fun like Sniper Elite V2. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #1,230 of 9,120
Hmm going to pick up the demo for kingdoms of amalur and see how that is. Always wanted to play that game. If worse comes to worse I'll just buy torchlight 2 and burn like 30 hours on that.

Edit: actually leggo illegal version of dishonored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back