PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #9,063 of 9,120
Nothing much to say really. Nobody sensible would be building a high end gaming desktop right now. Mining has caused gpu prices to skyrocket. Ddr4 isnti getting any cheaper either.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #9,064 of 9,120
Welp

What kind of conversation can we have here?

I am a laptopy enthusiast and most of laptopy discussion, even with 8700K CPUs are taking place at NBR

Also, as sated above, at this point you have to be silly to even try to approach this market, 1080ti GPU is over 2 - 3 X its market price, same for most graphic cards

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #9,066 of 9,120
Crazy how mining sucked up all the gpus.

After mining goes bust, its going to be budget pc paradise with all the 2nd hand gtx 1080tis

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #9,068 of 9,120
do you really think it'll be okay to have an 1080ti that did mining every day?
Gpus don't die easily though. Fans will go first. Just grab a pair of case fans for 10 bucks and zip tie them to the heatsink.

2nd hand wasnt as bad as I thought. I built a desktop for my friend awhile back and went with a 2nd hand r9 290x instead of a new gtx 960.

3 years and still going strong.

Feb 1, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #9,069 of 9,120
Welp I'm the fool who bought DDR4 memory a few weeks ago.

Desperately need them and have been waiting for months, only to see price keep rising.

Decided it's better to purchase it now than in a few months so bit the bullet.

Prices have already increased since then. :frowning2:

Also have a 390 from some time ago. Left it at my parents'place but never planned to sell it due to the current GPU market. Might need a decently powerful GPU over my laptop's sometime for work and it doesn't make sense to sell my 390 for a new GPU at the moment.

PS: Photoshop with 20 GB of RAM is sweeeeeeeeet.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #9,070 of 9,120
Welp I'm the fool who bought DDR4 memory a few weeks ago.

Desperately need them and have been waiting for months, only to see price keep rising.

Decided it's better to purchase it now than in a few months so bit the bullet.

Prices have already increased since then. :frowning2:

Also have a 390 from some time ago. Left it at my parents'place but never planned to sell it due to the current GPU market. Might need a decently powerful GPU over my laptop's sometime for work and it doesn't make sense to sell my 390 for a new GPU at the moment.

PS: Photoshop with 20 GB of RAM is sweeeeeeeeet.

Photoshop with 32 GB RAM is too little :triportsad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back