PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Aug 3, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #8,342 of 9,120

8a8.jpg

Any suggestions for improvement? 

Put on the side panel! Problem solved.

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #8,343 of 9,120
Originally Posted by VXAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Put on the side panel! Problem solved.

I was gonna say, you can't see the cables once the side panel is replaced, but I'd like to fix up the cables as much as I can.

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #8,344 of 9,120
Fractal + cable management buddies! (note the zip ties)

PagDf5y.jpg
Awesome, note, I've started using twist ties and much prefer them to zip ties, I can use a whole bunch for cheap and don't need scissors if I want something.

So what do you  guys think about Windows 10 so far? I personally think this is a perfect OS, especially with DX12.

I can't believe we don't need to buy new hardware to take advantage of it (DX11 GPUs supports DX12). Even more, I can't believe we don't need to wait for new games & new engines to take advantage of it (I can already use 6GB of VRAM in Witcher 3, which so far consumes up to 4.5GB of VRAM at 2560x1080).

I don't have any issue with software compatibility thus far, and the multiple desktops proved a joy to use for productivity.

I'm loving it too!

8a8.jpg

Any suggestions for improvement? 
Spend more time redoing all the cables, I did the case ones, then the power supply ones as needed, then hdd cables, then fans, but took a lot of time each step to get it and it is awesome now. (also, I have a nonmodular PSU too.) I'm proud of me though, I actually did a good job at cables for once. :p

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #8,346 of 9,120

Spend more time redoing all the cables, I did the case ones, then the power supply ones as needed, then hdd cables, then fans, but took a lot of time each step to get it and it is awesome now. (also, I have a nonmodular PSU too.) I'm proud of me though, I actually did a good job at cables for once.
tongue.gif

...but I spent 2 hours already...

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #8,347 of 9,120
Aug 5, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #8,349 of 9,120
So what do you  guys think about Windows 10 so far? I personally think this is a perfect OS, especially with DX12.

I can't believe we don't need to buy new hardware to take advantage of it (DX11 GPUs supports DX12). Even more, I can't believe we don't need to wait for new games & new engines to take advantage of it (I can already use 6GB of VRAM in Witcher 3, which so far consumes up to 4.5GB of VRAM at 2560x1080).

I don't have any issue with software compatibility thus far, and the multiple desktops proved a joy to use for productivity.

I wouldn't claim it's perfect, not with all the attempted datamining and defaulting to installing drivers from Windows Update on a clean install, right in the background - no prompts or anything. It can be convenient, but it can also be a total pain in the ass if it installs a non-optimal driver version.

It is, however, serviceable thus far on my T902 convertible tablet once I change Wacom driver versions and install a few more driver utilities (less so on the T901 before it, which isn't even on Fujitsu's official Windows 10 supported list now), and much more bearable to use than Windows 8 with keyboard and mouse.

The Tablet Input Panel still sucks compared to Win7, though, especially in docked mode where it still overlaps the bottom of windows, Tablet Mode or not. Then there's the fact that you still have to juggle two different control panels just to configure everything, along with other various parts of the UI showing that it's still a mishmash of old Win32 and Modern/Universal underneath.

I'm still trying to set it up all nice and clean on my main desktop, but my backup software's giving me a headache trying to backup/clone my existing primary Windows install over to another drive before I go full steam ahead with Windows 10 on it. I didn't have that issue setting up the T902, for whatever reason, but I'll work it out eventually. I just haven't had much time to do so.

On another note, Windows 10 isn't the only sort of upgrading I've been doing around here. Between an ISP switch and a new router (RT-AC87), I've had to muck about with networking quite a bit, too. I've mostly got things settled, but it's tempting to get firmware flash-crazy with the new router if there's a chance it'll make the 5 GHz band a little more reliable.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #8,351 of 9,120
I'm wondering about ways to make my computer sound quieter than it is right now. I was wondering if people had any advice. Do I have to get custom loops and all that to achieve a super quiet setup?

It's around 52 db on idle right now. 

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #8,352 of 9,120
  I'm wondering about ways to make my computer sound quieter than it is right now. I was wondering if people had any advice. Do I have to get custom loops and all that to achieve a super quiet setup?

It's around 52 db on idle right now. 

What is the entire setup? With images? You could look into either passive cooling or a ton of the newer active noise-canceling fans from Noctua.

Aug 6, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #8,353 of 9,120
New keyboard!

Just plugged my headphones into a front panel jack and my computer suddenly turned off (not completely, though; power LED was still on and fans were still spinning, so it was like the pause between when the computer restarts and shows the BIOS screen, except it's stuck there).

My suspicion is a bad ground in the front panel or somewhere between it and the mobo. Anyone know what it might be?

Aug 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #8,354 of 9,120
New keyboard!

[rule]
Just plugged my headphones into a front panel jack and my computer suddenly turned off (not completely, though; power LED was still on and fans were still spinning, so it was like the pause between when the computer restarts and shows the BIOS screen, except it's stuck there).

My suspicion is a bad ground in the front panel or somewhere between it and the mobo. Anyone know what it might be?
can you repeat the issue? There should be something in the error logs. Also, windows 10 pro can disable automatic updates through group policy which is awesome. (check it out on tenforums) I've been learning about group policy anyways for my Comptia Security+ so that was practice lol. (I got into a free program for it thanks to a friend from geekhack and the program covers the actually test for free too!)

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #8,355 of 9,120

can you repeat the issue? There should be something in the error logs. Also, windows 10 pro can disable automatic updates through group policy which is awesome. (check it out on tenforums) I've been learning about group policy anyways for my Comptia Security+ so that was practice lol. (I got into a free program for it thanks to a friend from geekhack and the program covers the actually test for free too!)

As a matter of fact I can't. And there is something in the logs!

l8yGDqH.png

BgPT944.png

Also I am still on Windows 7. I actually recently did a clean install of it a couple days ago. I've never had this problem before the clean install, so it's hard to say what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back