PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Dec 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #3,781 of 9,120
  I grew up on games like Civ, Planetscape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Space Empires, Age of Empires, etc. FPS didn't interest me until they got realistic and large enough to be immersive and platformers have always been my least liked game genre ever. I never owned a console...partly because all the games imo sucked balls.

The only consoles I will probably ever buy are Nintendo's. I really like the emphasis on playing video games with others. I've gotten really bored of playing video games alone, to a point where it feels like a chore or a waste of time. It's just so much more enjoyable with others (the only exception for me right now is SSBB Project M since it's becoming fun to try to master some higher level techniques even though I don't ever plan on being a competitive smash player). Bit.Trip runner I guess is an exception too (Runner 2 is pretty fun).

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #3,782 of 9,120
  The only consoles I will probably ever buy are Nintendo's. I really like the emphasis on playing video games with others. I've gotten really bored of playing video games alone, to a point where it feels like a chore or a waste of time. It's just so much more enjoyable with others (the only exception for me right now is SSBB Project M since it's becoming fun to try to master some higher level techniques even though I don't ever plan on being a competitive smash player). Bit.Trip runner I guess is an exception too (Runner 2 is pretty fun).

Yeah, I kinda agree. If it hasn't got multiplayer or a good story, not interested. With the exception of the occassional turn based strat.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #3,785 of 9,120
hey all,

i just got a new ultra wide monitor (2560x1080), and i was wondering what games natively support this resolution.  So far the ones I know about are Borderlands 2, BF4 and Crysis 3.  Here's a funny video of my monitor in action!

Thanks!

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #3,786 of 9,120
Most modern games support that resolution. Hell, even old games 'can support' that resolution. 

Games for the most part, can run at the resolution of your monitor.

This is for PC's of course.

You are going to need at least 2GB frame buffer to run games well at that resolution. And a good GPU overall.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #3,787 of 9,120
YES! My friend got some money from XMas and finished buying all the parts. Here's the build:
Intel i5-4330 (yeah)
Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI (Mini-ITX)
Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) (Blu/Black)
WD Blue 1TB
Sapphire Radeon 7870 GHz OC Edition
CM Hyper 212 EVO
1x Cougar CF-V12HP case fan
Noctua NF-P12 (for Hyper 212)
Bitfenix Prodigy (Mini-ITX)

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #3,788 of 9,120
YES! My friend got some money from XMas and finished buying all the parts. Here's the build:
Intel i5-4330 (yeah)
Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI (Mini-ITX)
Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) (Blu/Black)
WD Blue 1TB
Sapphire Radeon 7870 GHz OC Edition
CM Hyper 212 EVO
1x Cougar CF-V12HP case fan
Noctua NF-P12 (for Hyper 212)
Bitfenix Prodigy (Mini-ITX)

Nice. 

I'm liking the 7870 :D

Especially in CFx :D

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #3,790 of 9,120
I forgot to mention his PSU: Corsair CX500M. Anyway, I'm just hoping I'm gonna be able to stuff the EVO in there.

....yeah nevermind. He can't crossfire that card.

Considering the general quality and make of those CX's, their general efficency and rails. I would suspect its already kinda running at near full steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back